RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

New Members Introductions, Biographical Ramblings Etc

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 05:23 PM

Thumbs down Hi from Baltimore MD

Greetings everyone! I am new here too. I have been reading, and taking a look at what you guys have going on here with the pictures. This is my passion, no creating cash, but I love doing this stuff. It seems like almost everyone here has Photoshop except me. I have had it in my letter to Santa now for 3 years, since I got this computer. But I have an on/off relationship with Microsoft PictureIt Platinum (Silver Edition is better but I wore it out!!!). I have to try some of your challenges here, looks like fun! Check out my site if you get the desire to.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:44 PM

\ ,,,,,,.....................

Last edited by Ant; 05-03-2005 at 01:35 AM.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:24 PM

welcome Juzkins and Anthony, I'm sure you both will enjoy this site., there are a lot of very talented and helpful people here.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:40 AM

Talking

Thanks Sanda. I goofed on my post. I neglected to give my vital statistics like everyone else was doing. So here goes: I am 44 and am a proud gram of an almost 6 yr old little girl. She is often the subject of my picture playtime. I am originally from Manitoba, and yes summer does exsist in Canada, just in case some one is curious LOL! I married and moved to WNY in 1973, and to Baltimore in 1999 to be with my cyber-mate. I became addicted to computers very quickly about 5 years ago. I thank God for the computer when I can see, hear, and play with my grand daughter online. My daughter lets me "babysit" while she does her household chores and I love it! What a cool thing to do these days.
Thanks Ginger for signing my guest book and telling me about RetouchPro!
Old 02-25-2003, 10:27 AM

Juzkins:

Welcome aboard. Great pictures. I can see why you're a proud grandma.

~DannyR~
Old 02-27-2003, 10:31 AM

Greetings and Salutations

Greetings all,
I've been lurking around in the background for about a week now, trying to figure out how to navigate this site and being generally awed and intimidated by the huge amount of talent here. I'm an old hand at traditional Photography but lately have an almost overwhelming desire to be a little more creative. I am still new to Photoshop (have 5.0LE) and a demo of Elements as well as several other photo editing programs (U-Lead etc.) that I am still trying to learn, just recently figured out how to use layers and levels. Anyway, my name is John and I go by the nickname "Blind Willie". I am currently living in Northwest Connecticut, having moved here 3 yr's ago after living in Atlanta, Ga. for 25 yr's. I'm 56 yr's young and have been "into" photography since the age of 10, when my Uncle started teaching me about B/W darkrooms. I am hoping to learn about restoring old photos and creating visually exciting digital art from some of my photos. I really like the idea of the challanges and plan to participate as soon as I figure out how to use some more of the bells and whistles available.
Glad to be here and hope to learn much and contribute a little.
Blind Willie
Old 03-03-2003, 08:41 PM

John:

A belated "welcome to the gang." Glad to see you've tried a couple of the photo-art mini-challenges so far. By all means give a shot to any you find appealing...

I just turned 51, so you're in great company!

If you need help navigating or have any questions whatsoever, by all means ask via forum post or send me personal mail [click PM button below any of my posts]).

Also, below my signature is a link to the well hidden site map. Now that you've been poking around a bit, it may (or may not) help with further site familiarization.

Again, welcome aboard.

~DannyR~
Old 03-08-2003, 06:59 PM

Lightbulb ok ehmm my turn

Hi there all

Im mdivad aka Mauricio Eytel and Im from Chile, Southamerica. Well not born here anyway.. I was born in a nice but freezing town called Giessen in Germany.

I discovered Photoshop at the same time as Flash so I didnt do anything with it... I was happy paying with animations and stuff in flash

But one day I tried to retouch a foto and I realized... well... I sucked. So I started to read and try and try and try more.

My english isnt that good I know, well ehmm were was I?? right...

anyway.. I loe photoshop and I love this site, I learned a lot fro all of you and Im trying to get better every day.. as a human being hahaha

Im kind of crazy coffee drinking monty python loving smoking guitar playing photoshop and flash freak. ahhh and im in love with my beautyfull girl Maria. (yeah I know.. every woman down here is called that way.. NO.. stop watching rambo kind movies )

well thats all folks.. gotta go... duty calls.. duty free.. uff.. lame joke

mdivad

ps: whats brown and sound like a bell?????

answer: DUNG !!!!

my flash web site is www.lamina6.cl

im 27 by the way
Old 03-10-2003, 11:45 PM

Mauricio:

Welcome.

Your website is magnifico (your English is much, much better than my Spanish!). You are a very talented man.

I am sure you will continue to learn many things here at RetouchPRO, as I am sure many will learn from you.

~DannyR~
Old 03-15-2003, 11:10 PM

Hiya DW!

I grew up in Ohio, and used to drive through Youngstown every week on my way to my Grandmother's house. Is that dairy with the huge cow on top of it still there? (Maybe the cow isn't/wasn't so huge...I was a little girl, so it has pretty gigantic proportions in my mind.)

Welcome to the forums, too!
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon