Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

New Members Introductions, Biographical Ramblings Etc

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2003, 10:31 PM
How sad. I remember taking a field trip there in Elementary school to see the cows being milked. It was always a special treat when we'd get to stop for ice cream in the summer...

I bet that entire area up there has changed a lot. I'm sure I wouldn't remember it as the area of my youth anymore.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:34 AM
I joined this board a few weeks ago and I have received some very nice and flattering comments on several of my postings, so I think it's time for a proper introduction on my side.

My name, as you might have guessed, is Herman. I'm 53 years old and I live with my wife and daughter in Geleen in the southern parts of The Netherlands. Our son already lives on his own.

I work as a controller for a youthcare organisation. We provide various forms of foster care and residential care for children. We also have some family treatment prgrams and a special program in case of sexual abuse.

Photography (digital) and playing with Photoshop are just two of my way to many hobbies.

I'm glad I stumbled upon this board, I find so much inspiration here. I can just play around with a picture, post if it I like it and delete it if I don't like the result. I can learn from others and I hope I can offer something back as well.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:53 PM
Welcome to RetouchPRO, Herman!

Your worklife, I would imagine, includes stressful situations, sad beginnings mixed with some happy "endings". This forum is a perfect place to recuperate and replenish your soul, heart, mind, and spirit. Glad you've already been participating in some of the mini-challenges. Looking forward to learning from seeing your perspective on art, life, and RetouchPRO.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Hello All!

I suppose I'm doing this backwards. I should have posted an introduction before I posted an image for critique!

I've been following this board for quite a while and I'm amazed at the talent and resources to be found here.

I've been in the print enhancement, restoration and hand -coloring business for 20+ years (started my own business in 1997 catering to professional photographers) utilizing traditional methods for my work.

I will always prefer a hand- painted image on fiber base paper to digital coloring, but I started dabbling in PS about 3 1/2 years ago, and now about 90% of my restoration work is digital.
These forums have inspired me to experiment further with more art inspired effects.

The friendly atmosphere and helpfulness of all the members of this forum is to be commended.

Anyone else from the South?
Old 07-14-2003, 09:41 PM
Welcome to RetouchPro...It's nice to have someone who still knows how to handpaint here! You have some great work on your website...can't wait to see more of your work posted here!

Last edited by G. Couch; 07-14-2003 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:09 PM
I'm originally from Southern California... That doesn't qualify as being from The South, does it? (Just kidding -- couldn't resist.)

Welcome from me, too. Here's to having as much fun at this site as I've had. Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself

Old 08-02-2003, 07:20 AM
HI everyone,

I'm registered for more than a month now and came stumbled into this thread just now. I have allready posted some pics so I allready met a lot of nice people that "live" here. I too followed the link from the Katrin Eismann website after purchasing her book. I haven't looked much into it till now, much more fun following the threads here
I'm Gina, I'm 48 and living in Belgium in a little village between Antwerp and Mechelen( I bet nobody knows where this is)
I live with my live-in lover/friend/hubby (we're not married, so we can say we're living in sin for more than 20 years ) and we have two sons 14 and 18 years old. I'm into photography from when I was twelve and was hooked when I saw the first B/W image come up into the developer. So I studied, not photography,no, but chemistry and ended up in a big photography company as a research chemist for more than 20 years. A few years ago my job disappeared because of the digital revolution ( film becoming less important and hence research into it). Through the years I have been taking pictures from the kids off course and other family gatherings and outings. Now I work as a SEM (electronic microscope) and light microscope operator and I love it. I only have a digital camera since february because I only wanted to buy one that was (comparatively) as good as 35 mm. Now that I have it I'm sorry I didn't buy one before because it sparked my interest in a major way again. I'm not art-wise(I can't draw or paint sadly enough ) but I'm creative and very curious, so anxious to learn. With the wealth of info on this side I too will be burning the midnight oil for many nights to come. I sure hope I can contribute anything to this wonderful site, though with the wealth of talent here present my hope is dim.

bye, bye for now
Old 08-02-2003, 07:49 AM
HI Gina, wecome to retouch pro. Wow you have an intersting background.

I to have been wating to go Camera digital for the top of the line that I can afford for my Canon lenses. I scan my negs with a film scanner, but wait impatiently for that next step.

All I can tell you there is no right and wrong way to Retouching, Restoration or Photo Art. When I started with this forum I couldnt do anything in Photoshop except adjust for color and crop and the people of this forum have brought me a very long way in a short period of time. The key word to all is layers, do everything in layers and experiment, and above all have allot of fun.
Old 08-02-2003, 08:31 AM
Wow you're fast

thanks Phil for the nice welcome. I'm not sure how early it is there. Here it is 4.30 in the afternoon. It is sure a priviledge to meet people from as far as the USA, Australia, S-Africa and other European country's etc in this spirit of sharing and caring.
We'll meet again! I hope that you can buy that coveted camera soon!

Old 08-02-2003, 02:59 PM
thanks Don,

everything here in Antwerp is just fine. Too hot really but then off course we can stay in and PS
By the way when I look at your amount of posts you have burned more than one oil lamp

Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon