RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

New Members Introductions, Biographical Ramblings Etc

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 03:31 PM

Hi All

My name is Kay aka Krob. I found this forum a couple of weeks ago and am in absolute awe at the wealth of information here.

I am 51 and grandmother to 2 little boys - I live in a small town in Georgia where absolutely nothing ever exciting happens.

I recently started using PSP 8 just for the fun of it. I mostly use a digital camera and use PSP for little things like lighten, darken, etc. I love to take pictures of anything and everything and probably have thousands on my computer.

Both my parents are dead so I got a wild hair the other day and gathered up all the pictures I had of them. After restoring the first one I knew I was hooked. It had minimal damage and only needed a couple of things done but I loved every second.

I have no idea if I have any talent or not but I'm sure gonna find out.

My other joy is computer games. First person shooters are my downfall so if anybody ever wants to get up a game of Quake, UT, Serious Sam, etc. let me know

Anyway, I'm sure glad I found this forum.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:58 PM

Hi Kay and welcome too,

You're gonna find a lot of stuff on this site to get hooked to.
Have fun an dhave a good look around!

gina
Old 08-15-2003, 10:57 PM

I'm pretty new here, just saying hi.

I just really enjoy using photoshop and the resto/retouch area of the software. Always have loved great pictures and so but am no photographer, but I try. I do enjoy doing Manipulations to, they are fun over at www.worth1000.com, great site just like this one, only with a different area of Photoshop using.

But anyways, I live in northern Illinois, Father of 1, and getting married in 6 weeks. Military Vet of 10 years.

Well thats me so far, hope to get to know some of you.

Doug
Old 08-16-2003, 09:05 AM

Hi doug,

seems you're gonna fit in just fine in this place. Plea
sed to meet you

gina
Old 08-16-2003, 10:01 AM

Welcome, Kay:

Glad you found us. Regarding talent, everybody has some. You just need to exercise it! This is a great place to do that.

There are a couple forum regulars who use Paint Shop Pro extensively, so you should have some very good expertise from which to draw.

= = = = = = =

Doug:

Welcome Aboard! Appreciate the link to worth1K. Interesting place. Always good to expand your horizons.

With regard to being much of a photographer or not, you're in great company. Most of us range from OK to decent. The main focus here is on sharing and learning. You'll fit right in.

Sounds like you'll be pretty busy for the next month and a half with wedding prep. Congratulations and stay calm!

~DannyR~
Old 08-22-2003, 04:34 PM

Thanks for the welcome

The info on this forum is still boggling my mind!!

It's great to be here.

Last edited by Krob; 08-22-2003 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-22-2003, 06:52 PM

Hi Kay and Doug. Glad you found us. There are a lot of talented regulars here. I have learned so much from the guys here and I have grown a lot in my field directly from the knowledge here.

I wish I had more time to visit and help out here. I haven't given a fraction of what I have received. Welcome again.
Old 08-23-2003, 03:57 PM

Hi , My name is Mamie. I have been a lurker for a VERY long time. I have benefited greatly from doing so. I figured it was about time that I introduced myself.
I am 41 years old, married with two wonderful girls ages 11 and 13( tough age ). I live in New Jersey. My husband of 18 years is an absolute saint for putting up with my Photoshop addiction.
I am a high school art teacher. I have taught for 19 years. About 5 years ago I introduced photoshop into my curriculum.We started with version 3 and are currently using Version 7. My students get college credit for my classes at our local community college. They have the opportunity to graduate high school with 6 college credits under their belts. I teach Basic and Advanced photoshop as well as basic and advanced b/w photography using traditional means. I recently started teaching photoshop at night at our local community college. I am considering starting a photo restoration business as a side line. Can't give up the day job!
Well I have rambled enough. This is an awesome forum filled with wonderful caring people who are willing to share their knowledge. I feel honored to be here. Thank you
Mamie
Old 08-23-2003, 06:22 PM

Hi Mamie, and welcome, officially, to Retouch Pro. Your background sounds like you will fit in here just fine. There is a big demand for experienced Photoshop users here. I think that it is simply wonderful that you are teaching Photoshop in your school. In my days you had your choice of Industrial Arts or Homeck. I look forward to seeing your posts on the subject.

I also can't give up my day job yet. I am still slowly bring my business on line. Luckily I do not have to depend on Photo Restoration for a living. Though one day I hope to.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:40 AM

Mamie:

Let me add my welcome, too.

It's wonderful that you've brought the art of Phothshop to your high school and community college. Hope your students appreciate the value of the training they're receiving.

Continued success in your teaching and self-learning. Thanks for your introduction. Look forward to seeing you participate in some of the challenges.

~Danny~
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon