RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

New Members Introductions, Biographical Ramblings Etc

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 09:36 PM

Hi there!

My name is Henrik, but after i've been using the nickname Drix for quite some time people tend to call me that instead. I just turned 28 now i april and have worked with computergrapics in one way or another since about 98-99.

I come from Oslo, Norway but live now on the west-coast of Norway studying Media and design. I started of in '99 working as a webdesigner after a 2 year course in Webmastering, but i never was any good at keeping the databases healthy and fresh so i turned to the more graphic sides of the sites. I also did some posters, flyers, and other promo material for clubs and dj and so on.

Lately i have been more and more facinated by the powers of retouching and photoshop in general, and that is how i found this site. I just registered 1 minute ago, so don't know much about this place yet, but i can't wait to look around.

Later.. D.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:40 AM

Hello all! I've been a member for about two weeks now so I guess I should officially introduce myself...

My name is Kerry, 27 years old, and I'm from about everywhere. I've been fortunate to have lived all over the world while growing up, but it does make it difficult to pinpoint where I'm from. The short story is I was born in the UK and have ended up in Southern California, so far.

I discovered that I love all things Photoshop while trying to complete my required elective credits for a Bachelor's in Business and I took a beginner's Photoshop class. The great thing was that I was able to purchase the entire Adobe CS2 suite at the student price!

I've already been quite fortunate to receive advice from members of this site in how to correct a troublesome picture, and I look forward to being able to help others also.

Kerry
Old 05-23-2006, 11:08 PM

Welcome Drix and Kerry...

I always enjoy reading the mini-bios of our new members. Norway and Southern California (I was born in SoCal) are very far, far apart. Isn't the Internet great?

I hope you enjoy your stay at RetouchPRO, make some new friends and learn a lot.

~Danny~
Old 06-27-2006, 05:13 PM

Hi from Steve Barrett

Hi,

I've been lurking around for a while now and thought that I'd introduce myself.

I am a professional creative retoucher based in San Francisco. I've been fortunate to work with some of the best agencies and photographers around the country. I have in the business since 1991.

I just posted some recent work in the gallery section.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 06-28-2006, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebarrett
Hi,

I've been lurking around for a while now and thought that I'd introduce myself.

I am a professional creative retoucher based in San Francisco. I've been fortunate to work with some of the best agencies and photographers around the country. I have in the business since 1991.

I just posted some recent work in the gallery section.

Thanks,

Steve
Glad you jumped in, Steve. It's always a pleasure to have someone from The City join us. San Francisco is one of my favorite places to visit. Many, many photo opportunities and some fabulous restaurants.

Welcome aboard.

~Danny~
Old 06-28-2006, 05:06 PM

New To the Forums

Hello all, I have been shooting professionally for some time now. Shooting mostly advertising and fashion. I am new to this forum, so just checking in and for you guys to see some of my work thanks.

Mateo Garcia

love to get your opinions,

thanks.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max917
Hello all, I have been shooting professionally for some time now. Shooting mostly advertising and fashion. I am new to this forum, so just checking in and for you guys to see some of my work thanks.

Mateo Garcia

love to get your opinions,

thanks.
You do some amazing photography, design and post processing work. The images at your site are inspiring.

~Danny~
Old 06-28-2006, 10:33 PM

Thanks i appreciate that. It has been a lot of hard work....

M.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:28 AM

Bonjour de Paris

My name is Julien Lions, 28 years old and I don't speak english very well... so don't hesitate to correct me if I wrote something weird !
I actually work as a digital retoucher in pre-press house In Paris (France); I learn so many new things everyday, it's very exciting ! In my free time I work for photographers (mainly fashion) and listen modern jazz

I manage a retouching forum too (a reference in my country - nothing compare to your board) but I suscribe to this one to learn even more. It's always interesting to have various point of view from differents cultures (sadly, the english part in my forum doesn't work as I wish... maybe you can change this ? )

My photography portfolio is old... I don't shoot anymore. I don't have retouching portfolio at this time but I promise to upload some "before/after"

Well, I wish you a nice day
Julien
Old 08-19-2006, 03:37 AM

Hi my name is Krissy and I am a photo-retouching-holic Im 22 I live in Canada I like to draw and use photoshop my real dream is to work for either a video game company or a magazine or something anyways I look forward to getting some critiques from the ppl around here
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon