Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

New Members Introductions, Biographical Ramblings Etc

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2006, 10:40 PM
My name is Jacob. I'm 18. I like to draw...alot and use photoshop on my drawings afterwards(nohing great). I've come here to learn and better my skills in PS. I'd really like to get into this freelancing scene.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:48 AM
Newbie Re: New Members Introductions, Biographical Ramblings Etc

Hello, Wonderful people!

Please allow me to introduce myself... My name is Nasiha and I am fairly new to Retouch Pro... I been layin' low in the background just researching & learning from all your posts here in the forum... Everything that I have read up on thus far is amazing! This forum is phenominal and I enjoy the communication you all have between one another! I just wanted to express my enthusiasm for being a part of this forum and let you all know how much I appreciate you guys!

I am a amateur fashion/glamour photographer just getting my feet wet... I am mostly self-taught through online tutorials and probing other photographers for insight, etc... I have become extremely passionate about photography within this last year, and equally as passionate about photo retouching/photo art. The possibilities are endless and I feel I have so much to learn!

My main job is a celebrity publicist for actors, recording artists and pro atheletes. This is actually how I got into photography & Photo retouching. There were times when I would need to update a client's portfolio or press kit at short notice, so I would have to hurry up and snap a few shots myself. Plus, it gets rather costly for my clients when I would have to subcontract outside photographers at such short notice... My clients really seemed pleased with my "newbie" attempts at snappin' pics and set I had an "eye" for it... Which is how I became inspired to pursue it further to the fullest extent.

Anyway, I began teaching myself photoshop CS2 and I have become failry good at it for an amateur. I been playing around with applying digital make-up on my client's photos etc. I am now obsessed with learning Amy Dresser's techniques in retocuhing... That cool toon paint method she uses is so cool! She is so amazing to me and I love her style! Oh, and David LaChapelle is my hero! heehee

I use my own photos of myself to experiement with since I am such a ham! HAHA!

Well, that was my little introduction in attempts to get to know you all better here. I am always open to any new ideas or feedback from any of you, so feel free!

Old 11-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Re: New Members Introductions, Biographical Ramblings Etc

Hi! My name is Keri and I live in Topeka, Kansas. I am 51 years old, but certainly don't act it. I was married for 20 years and have been single now for 10. I have three adult children and three grandchildren. I spent all of my time after the divorce just being a mother to my children and didn't have much time for myself. I have always had a love for photography but didn't realize I had a choice to pursue any type of career in the field. I took great snapshots of my children as they were growing, but that was the extent of my photographing skills. A few years ago I took a few night courses in black and white photography and introduction to the darkroom. I loved it. Now I have a digital camera and most of everything I learned in school has gone out the window!

I have discovered that I have a strong passion for photography and photo restoration. I have taught myself PhotoShop and have every book that was ever written on the subject. I just love it. One of the greatest feelings in the world is when someone has a photo that they think is ruined, and you restore it for them. It is priceless.

There are so many families that are unable to offer their graduate that special picture because they can't afford it. I love giving some low-income families the gift of a senior portrait.

I still have so much to learn and have discovered many of my answers to my questions on this board. This is such a wonderful place to meet people who have the same passion that I have. I hope to learn more and more from you all and have admired all of your work. Thank you for allowing me to become part of this great place.

Old 12-28-2006, 03:56 AM
I'm new here

Hi all,
My name is Steve, I'm 55 yrs old and I just wanted to say hello to all. I am from the UK and I work in education in the community. I have been interested in photoshop for a long while and have only just stumbled across this forum. It looks really friendly to me and I hope to learn new skills and one day contribute something back to all members.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:13 AM
Re: I'm new here

Hi Steve....
Think you have come to the right place...So much to learn and you will find lots of tutorials and helpful people here....Its just to jump in!!! Welcome to Retouch and your never ending learning journey...
I am also from the UK but live in Sweden...there are quite a few of us from England in the forum...Have fun and look forward to seeing your artwork!!!
Old 12-28-2006, 05:16 PM

Hello to all,
My Name is Terrence McCleary and I am 25 years old, I have been a member for about a year but I do not think that I have ever posted on this thread. I live in Davenport Iowa and am a graphics and Web Design Instructor for New Horizons of the Quad Cities. I teach a number of different classes but Photoshop is my Favorite (there is always more to learn).

Happy New Year!!!
Old 12-29-2006, 06:57 AM

Hi my name is Geoff, 66 yrs young and I was born in the UK but have lived in Canada for the past 32 years.
I have been into photography since the mid 1950's and only gave up my darkroom last year.
I enjoy retouching which for myself means using psp.
Having spent the past 30 years in raising showdogs , so animal photography is a very big part of my photography.
I am enjoying the forums very much
Old 12-29-2006, 03:09 PM

Well, hi there (-:

Just found this very welcome site since I've discovered the magic of Photoshop and Retouching my own little ditties (-: And what's more appropriate than introducing yourself to the fellow addicts as the first thing you do when you can become a free member of a community of retouch lovers? So, here we go:

My name is Andreas Heijdendael, born and raised in a little village in the southern part of Holland. For those who are familiar with the country... The hilly part of it. As of march 2006 I can call myself officially an adult *coughs* with 30 years of life on this planet. Living together with my girlfriend and our four cats in a village called Vught.

Been shooting pictures since I was 15 years old and now that I've switched to digital I've been doing postprocessing on the computer. Not very much more than some leveling, hightlighting and cropping. During this seasons holiday I got google out and started looking for retouching tutorials and then I found this site. Wonderfull, easy going, nicely explained examples on how to enhance your pictures. And that's what I'm going to do! And hopefully share some of my own ideas and tips with you people.....

For those intrested... have a look at our website with some old (un-retouched) work of me and my girlfriend... Still working on it! ((-:

Old 01-02-2007, 09:36 AM

hi happy to have happened upon the retouchpro forum!

i am from tallahassee florida and have a background that runs the gamut! to touch on a few, i have been a birth attendant for a birth center and home birth midwife, i have been a social worker in a nursing home and i have throughout my life worked with my mother in her florist. i work now with a photographer as a production manager and assistant/second shooter at weddings.

my two daughters are adolescents and are still positive likable creatures despite their age. lucky me! the 3 of us are what constitutes our family and we like it like that. both of my girls aspire to be photographers and are well on their way to being pretty good at it!

i am eager to learn from this board, offer what i can and especially to make new friends! photo restoration is something i have dabbled in for years but i've decided to be better at it! so, we'll see!

Old 01-02-2007, 03:37 PM

Hi Inga,

Welcome to RetouchPro. There's a whole host of talented, friendly and helpful people here, so make yourself at home. The coffee's free, in the kitchen just down the corridor behind the Moderator's Rest Room.

Dive into any topic that sparks your interest, and if nothing does then start your own, it's usually the best way to get to know folk.

Have fun, any problems just ask.
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon