RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

New Members Introductions, Biographical Ramblings Etc

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 12:09 PM

Re: New Members Introductions, Biographical Ramblings Etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezza View Post
Hi
I'm Erin from Canberra Australia. Currently working at the National film and Sound Archive, scanning the documentation collection of photos, negs, trannies and printed material.

I have been doing photography for 11 years now (since I was 15) and have been using both digital and analogue (as we call it).

Look forward to finding some very helpful people here, esspecially regarding retouching silvering photos, and cracked glass negs and slides.
Hello Ezza...

If you don't mind that many of us spell "colour" as "color," we're OK with your spelling of "analogue."

Welcome to RP. I hope you learn a lot and make some new friends.

~Danny~
Old 04-17-2007, 01:00 PM

Just stumbled upon this thread, 46 posts after I joined, but better late than never I suppose.

I'm 24 years old, based in NYC. I've been an artist all of my life, but started dabbling in Photoshop 7 years ago. Throughout those years, I've taught myself everything I know and progressed drastically. Nowadays, I'm known to sit in front of Photoshop for 15 hours straight, just making somebody look 100% beautiful...whatever that means for that photo.

I came to the realization that my obsession with retouching is directly related to my fascination with grooming and perfection. I am also a make up artist and photographer, so photoshoots are pretty much A to Z for me!

I'm so glad to have found this forum. I'm still have a lot to learn, and there's so much information here, plus everyone seems to be so friendly and helpful. I also look forward to sharing my critiques and techniques with others more and more!

Last edited by mellyrose; 04-17-2007 at 01:03 PM. Reason: spelling typo
Old 04-17-2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellyrose View Post
Just stumbled upon this thread, 46 posts after I joined, but better late than never I suppose.

I'm 24 years old, based in NYC. I've been an artist all of my life, but started dabbling in Photoshop 7 years ago. Throughout those years, I've taught myself everything I know and progressed drastically. Nowadays, I'm known to sit in front of Photoshop for 15 hours straight, just making somebody look 100% beautiful...whatever that means for that photo.

I came to the realization that my obsession with retouching is directly related to my fascination with grooming and perfection. I am also a make up artist and photographer, so photoshoots are pretty much A to Z for me!

I'm so glad to have found this forum. I'm still have a lot to learn, and there's so much information here, plus everyone seems to be so friendly and helpful. I also look forward to sharing my critiques and techniques with others more and more!
Years of experience with PS at age 24 is a real plus, as is your photography, art, makup artist, etc. skills. I could tell early on that you would become a significant contributor to RP. Your enthusiasm just 'shows.'

Welcome aboard. I'm glad you found us.

~Danny~
Old 04-17-2007, 03:17 PM

Thanks for making me feel welcome!
Old 04-22-2007, 02:09 PM

Hello, My name is Lee. I am 41. I just joined the forum. I have been doing photography as a hobby since I was in high school, and also working with photos digitally for about 10 years. I have many friends come to me to fix up pictures. I have used many different programs, but am starting to think I should learn one and totally stick to it. I just bought a new digital camera, and am anxious to learn about improvements I can make to my pics without to much manipulation. I have tried doing adjustments in the past, not knowing what I was doing, and was unhappy with the results. I hope to learn some new things here.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Janitor

These endless threads end up being a server drain, plus they're hard to read. So I do welcome you, and invite you to post a hello and a little bit about yourself. Just please start a new thread for each new greeting.

And don't forget to check back here often and offer your own welcome to each new member.
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon