RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

New Members Introductions, Biographical Ramblings Etc

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 02:23 PM

Angry

Danny,
I loaned my Argus C-3 to my brother in the early seventies for a vacation. He left it in a cab. Wish I still had it just as a memento.
Art
Old 10-31-2002, 04:54 PM

Danny 41 years does not give the right answers to marrage, we can use advise at any age.
Old 11-09-2002, 01:46 PM

Hi, I've Loren, I’ve been lurking for a while, I stumbled across this page a month or so ago looking for help in colorizing old photos....
I'm 16 and attend Trimble County High School in Kentucky; one of those little towns where the zip code is more than the population.
I've lived around, with and on computers all my life.... I had a Commodore 64 too but all I ever did was play Sesame Street and Dream House.
I’ve been photo manipulating for… 5 or 6 years I think. I use Paint Shop Pro 7 and am mainly a cut and paste girl myself. But I try to do it well; and I’d like to learn more :)
I’ve helped my father restore old photos for his patients and himself… But I’m still at that age where my biggest problems are grades and what my best friend said behind my back. And I’m going to relish it :) Also I have a tendency to type like I talk… So just ignore the Um… and the er… and all the unfinished sentences…
It just means I’m nervous… ~nods~
Um… I don’t think I have much else to say. So… Ttyl
Old 11-09-2002, 02:45 PM

Sibyllea:

We're honored to have you. Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself.

For your age it sounds like you've got a great deal of experience and will no doubt bring a breath of fresh air to RetouchPRO.

If you haven't read it yet I invite you to pop over to my "Welcome Thread" in the Photo-art forum. It will give you a quick overview of that part of the neighborhood.

BTW: I like, er, your writing style. You'll fit right in here!

Again, WELCOME. Glad you found us.

~DannyR~
Old 11-09-2002, 08:26 PM

Welcome

HI Sibyliea My name is Phil handle phili1 and welcome to the best place to learn and practice retouching. There are alot of talented people who have helped me and I am sure you as well.

Its a place to have fun.

Well ok I will excuse your um and er if you excuse my spelling.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:51 PM

Well now that I've been here for a while I guess I could post some info about myself. I'm embarrased to say that I Just found the Salon forum. Guess I've been living in a box.

Anyway, I'm 50 years young and have been married to my wife Cindy for 31 years. We have one grown Son who is 28 years old. We've lived in Lake Charles, LA for most of our adult lives. I work for a fortune 1000 bank, been with them for 14 years but I'm not a banker. I work for the IT department as a network field support engineer. My coverage region is most of southwest Louisianna so I do travel a lot.

I've had many different hobbies throughout the years, most of them very expensive. I shot a lot of film in the late 70's but that took a backseat to Ham Radio in the early 80's. I bought my first computer in 81, a Commadore Vic 20, so that I could use it as a RTTY and morse code interface. That opened my eyes to computers and began what would turn into a profession in 1984. Been fooling with puters ever since. Started in the retail end of the business with Microage Computers and went to the consumer end of the business in 1988 when I went to work for the bank.

Got involved with cameras again 2 years ago when I bought my first digital. This led to photoshop and that's where I am now. Hope one day to earn a small income at home with photo restoration. Right now I can only dedicate what time I have left at the end of the day, unless I get called out.

I have enjoyed my experiences here a very much. You guys have taught me a lot but I have a long way to go yet. Hope I haven't bored you to tears.

Kevin Beatty
Old 11-21-2002, 09:11 PM

Talking

Hi Kevin.
My name is Phil and I have you beat by some years in marrage and Life. Welcome aboard.

All I can say is I joined a year ago and no knowledge of photoshop other then to color correct photos, I made bad attempts at restoration and retouching. Now the good part, you will meet on this forum people like Danny, Phyliss, CJ, That Girl,Chuck, Visual eyes, looker, Trine, Wanda and a whole lot of great people who will gently critisize your work and guide you with new tricks to use and you will get addicted to the people and the challanges. You will not want to go on the road. The main thing here is have fun and learn. BY the way in the begining you are going to say I dont belong here some of these guys are to great and all of a sudden your work starts to improve because of them.

You are going to love this forum.
If I spell anything wrong its my typing my fingers do not do what I tell them all the time.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:30 PM

Hi Phill, thanks for the warm welcome. I already do love this forum and have met many of the persons you mentioned. I have been impressed with the knowledge that abounds here. I look forward to meeting more of the users here.

By the way my hands sometimes have a mind of their own too.
Old 11-22-2002, 01:01 AM

Hey Kevin:

Nice getting to know you a little better. I've appreciated many of your insightful posts (mostly in the hardware forum). Nice to have someone with your tech skills and experience to help troubleshoot and/or share what's up with printers, servers and all that sort of stuff in the hardware world.

I discovered Photoshop about the time you did and, like you, am having a blast.

Oh yeah: It was a pic of your dog that Jak used in the Photo-art forum. Great pic to have fun with.

~DannyR~
Old 11-22-2002, 08:57 PM

Hi Danny, thanks for your comments. Maybe some day I will be able to offer advice in some of the other forums.

There is no shortage of pictures of Heidi here. No grandchildren yet so I have to take pictures of something.
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon