RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Warm morning

Old 01-14-2005, 12:25 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Thanks for the comments. I used to live in northern Vermont (not far from Canada), so I know how cold it got there. It was just the difference in temperature, in a short time that was hard to handle. I took 4 or 5 shots altogether.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2005, 01:17 PM

Ed, I think, and I'm no expert, but having experienced my share of "weather" that the weather everywhere has been thrown into shock because of that tsunami in Asia.

When I lived in Calgary, we used to have days when the temp would change so fast you could actually see the thermometer rising or falling, but that was to be expected given Calgary's geographical location.

But this year!! Floods in the desert, snow where there shouldn't be any, what's going on.

Of course, our deep freeze is "normal" and we're just getting what we expect for this time of year. If we didn't have the cold to whine about, we'd be speachless from January 1st until Memorial Day

Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2005, 04:15 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
I think our weather has been changing for a few years now. We used to get all kinds of snow, but now it seems like there's nowhere near what we used to get. Temps seem to be changing also. It's not as cold here as a few years ago. But it doesn't surprise me that the tsunami would affect weather worldwide.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2005, 06:30 PM

We don't get the extremes of weather that you get, but here in Yorkshire we've got a saying, "if you don't like the weather just wait an hour". Guess that explains how changeable it is here.

P.S. Tell Mike he's a snow hog.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2005, 07:47 PM

I really sympathize with the people who are having such extreme weather. I grew up on the prairies of eastern Montana and Wyoming and have no desire to experience that cold again. I have daughters living in Regina, Saskatchewan and Billings, Montana

Now I live here in western Washington just a few miles from Mike and Danny. Ski areas that normally open in late November are still not open because there isn't enough snow. And lack of snow now is dangerous for fire danger next summer.

The picture attached is a shot of the predicted 3" of snow in my area a few days ago. Not nearly as beautiful as Ed's house.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg January-snow-2005.jpg (46.0 KB, 13 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2005, 09:26 PM

I don't know what's going on with the weather patterns the last few years. On Vancouver Island, we get at best a dusting of snow. Last year and this, we've received somewhat more than a dusting. Personally I don't even own a pair of boots. Penny Loafers (just jokin) and snow just don't go well together. Oh well, should be gone in a couple of days..

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Westwood1.jpg (96.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Westwood2.jpg (89.2 KB, 10 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2005, 10:06 PM

Ed

I recieved that large package you sent. However all that was in it was a little water in one corner. Guess the snow must have escaped. Do not know how that could have happened, we who are natives out here do not know much about snow, it was outlawed it several years ago.

Least ways the water wasn't yellow...........

Mike
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-15-2005, 10:44 AM

This thread just goes to show RetouchPro is indeed a place where the world converges to study and enjoy the same creative passions.

Some have snow. Some have warm weather. Here in Arkansas, we have had the whole gambut in the last month. Two days ago tornado season began early. Not 20 miles from where I live a tornado took out good sections of several farms and all of the creeks flooded killing several people who were stranded.

Despite the jokes about weather being a "safe" topic of conversation and numerous jokes about people who talk about the weather, that it is fascinating to learn about where we all live and the world around us.

Have fun all. I'm off the the grocery store to stock up before the next storm.

Janet
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-15-2005, 11:31 AM

I agree Janet, nicely put.

Mike
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-18-2005, 08:15 AM

Remember the other day when I was complaining about how cold it was here? In case you don't remember, it was -50* with the windchill and had been for days.

Well, I woke up this morning at 3 a.m. and had a look outside and it was pouring rain - that's right RAIN!

What the ........

Must be because all the snowbirds hopped on planes on the weekend and headed south - it always happens. When the ones who can afford it decide they've had enough and escape to warmer climes, it warms up here LOL

Take care, Margaret
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon