RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Community > Salon
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salon Just hanging around...
(Social area, where non-retouching talk is encouraged)

Pixelated Celebrities Game

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 08:36 PM

Is this person a cyclist and is he currently living outside the US?
Old 03-30-2005, 12:29 AM

Not Pele, not a cyclist. His career is on a slippery slope, and rapidly going downhill.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:21 AM

So this would be a skier! I have to reject Bode Miller because he lives in New Hampshire. Back to exploring the internet!
Old 03-30-2005, 12:12 PM

Yes, you're right, its not Bode, but he only lives in New Hampshire outside the skiing season. During the season he lives in a camper van, unlike many of the European skiers who live it up in hotels.

Poor British skiers can neither afford hotels nor a camper van, and have been known to take up residence in hotel cellars.

Martin Bell made more money in one season of the Seniors series in the States, than he made in all his career at the sharp end in the World Cup series.

Back to the clues. This one should give you him for sure. As well as being a world ski champ, he's also been world jet ski champion.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Richardson
.... His career is on a slippery slope, and rapidly going downhill.

...and I WAS thinking it would turn out to be Tiger Woods, till you said it really was a skier....
Old 03-30-2005, 04:31 PM

Skiing's a bit of a passion with me, its the only sport I'm really interested in. Who's Tiger Woods, and is he having a bad time at the moment?
Old 03-30-2005, 07:24 PM

Since I don't know the answer to the pixel game, I'll answer another question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Richardson
Skiing's a bit of a passion with me, its the only sport I'm really interested in. Who's Tiger Woods, and is he having a bad time at the moment?
Brief bio of Tiger Woods
Was making golf shots by age 2.
Becomes the youngest U.S. Junior Amateur Champion in golf history.

Age 20 -- Ties the British Open record for an amateur with a 75-66-70-70-281. Turns pro in August and immediately signs endorsement deals worth $40 million from Nike and $20 million from Titleist. Wins the Las Vegas International and the Disney/Oldsmobile Classic—earning close to $800,000 in just eight events. Voted Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year.

Age 21 -- Leading money winner on the PGA Tour with a record $2,066,833 in earnings. Wins first major championship, The Masters, by an amazing 12 strokes, the widest margin of victory the tournament has ever seen. Becomes youngest Masters winner ever.

BUT....
In January 2005, Tiger wins the Buick Invitational, ending a slump that started in 2003. The last full-field PGA tournament he won was the Western Open in July 2003.

I liked skiing the only time I went many years ago in Utah -- I couldn't negotiate my snowplow turns even, and fell or sat down a lot rather than hit a tree -- but it was still loads of fun.

I love watching a good skier schuss down a slope, but guess I'll never learn. Are you able to ski often, or just able to watch on TV? Where do you go to ski? Arizona, even though we have a lot of desert, also has snowy mountain slopes that offer skiing for those who can't make it to Colorado, Utah, or the northeast.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:00 AM

Is it Daron Rahlves? If so, I owe it all to Google.

Gary, if you were here, you would be happy to know that the western Washington ski areas have received enough snow in the past week to re-open. They have been closed since January because we have not had our normal winter moisture. We were beginning to worry about having enough snowpack in the mountains to get us through the summer.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:06 AM

Hi Mary,

Yes, it's Daron Rahlves, who has won more Downhill and Super G races than any other American skier in history.

Wish I could come and ski in Washington at the moment. Unfortunately I've had my annual 2 weeks fix this year. Had a great 2 weeks in Meribel in France. It had snowed 4 days non-stop before we got there, and we had 2 weeks of daytime sunshine and nightime snow showers, so had a great time.

CJ. As you can see, I'm a partaker, but enjoy watching on the TV also. I've been skiing now for about 20 years, every year religiously. I'm in mourning at the moment, because for me this season is over.

I've never skied in Arizona. I ski mostly in France, but have skied in Canada in Whistler and Mont Tremblant, and in the States in Vail, Breckenridge, Beaver Creek, Copper Mountain, Keystone (all in Colorado), Park City, Deer Valley, Snowbird, Alta, Brighton, Solitude (all in Utah), and Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, North Star, Homewood, Heavenly (California/Nevada).

Well, I could bore for England on the joys of skiing, so I'll shut up now before you fall asleep.

Thanks for the bio on Tiger, I was of course joking when I said I did'nt know who he is, but I did'nt know any of the things you've told me, so I've learnt from my glib comment.

Over to you Mary.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg daronrahlves.jpg (11.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-31-2005, 10:29 AM

That was a very good test of detective work and use of internet searching. Thanks, Gary.

This one will also take some detective work. Male American, more celebrated than celebrity.

BTW, it's MaryLynn (all one word), thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PixelA.jpg (3.6 KB, 1 views)
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Community > Salon