|Scratch Pad Exploration of a single feature or technique, illustrated with user examples|
| ||Thread Tools|
Yet another faux curtain technique
1. Make a highrez blank image
2. Run the fibers filter (different settings make for different curtains)
3. Run Motion blur set to 90-degrees and at the highest setting
4. Click in the middle of the image with the Single Row Marquee tool.
5. Define a pattern from the selection and deselect
6. Fill from the pattern you just made
7. Duplicate the filled layer
8. Switch to the background layer and fill with a solid color
9. Set blending mode of duplicate layer to overlay
Here's what I got with a deep red color:
Look good, thanks Doug.
I will be needing some backdrops for some images I'm manipulating. I have used your last curtain making tutorial many times and now I have another method.
You wouldn't have any suggestions as to how to get a bottom edge on them, as if they really were a curtain backdrop that reached the floor in a studio setting.
This obviously needs some refinement, but here's what I did:
1. Saved a desaturated version as a PSD file
2. Selected the bottom of the color version and filled with white (black would probably look better, but I could also see transparency and a duplicate version colorshifted to gold so that it looked like a gold border)
3. Ran Displace filter, horizontal 0, vertical -10, repeat edge pixels, and used the saved desaturated PSD as the dmap
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Help on technique for restoring photos that have gone pink||cdrw6622||Photo Restoration||11||06-24-2007 05:51 AM|
|"Smart Sharpening" Technique||jeaniesa||Photo Retouching||45||10-13-2006 06:23 AM|
|Free Action Set for Faux Infrared||gmitchel||Photo Restoration||0||01-29-2006 04:24 PM|
|Simpler Technique for Blending Two Images||gmitchel||Photo Retouching||1||01-17-2005 02:47 AM|
|Creativo's Technique - La Técnica de Creativo||Jakaleena||Photo Restoration||1||10-25-2002 09:23 PM|