|Scratch Pad Exploration of a single feature or technique, illustrated with user examples|
| ||Thread Tools|
The second photo is from the Future Memories Web Site
Last edited by T Paul; 04-24-2004 at 12:09 PM.
Do you mean something like this? You would have to add the numbers manually and a colour key.
This used Poster Edges, Cutout and Photocopy.
Another approach that sometimes works, sometimes doesn't...
* Smart Blur (Normal) - to soften/simplify the image
* Cutout (for further simplification) or Image > Adjustments > Posterize
* You Posterized used, Stylize > Diffuse > Anisotropic, maybe twice (soften edges)
* Smart Blur (Edge Only) to get white lines on black, followed by CTRL + I to get black lines on white
* Depending on the image: Stylize > Diffuse > Anisotropic, maybe twice (soften the lines a bit)
* Unsharp mask and/or Image > Adjustment > Levels (to maximize line boldness/character)
The hard part is assigning the colors to each section!
Here is a Paint-by-Numbers tutorial I found on the web.
1. Open your image.
2. Reduce the colors by changing the mode to Indexed Colors or by Saving it for the web as a GIF File.
3. Make a duplicate of this image.
4. Filter>Stylize>Find Edges
5. Desaturate this Layer (CTRL+SHIFT+U)
5. Colorize the image with a blue tint using Hue/Saturation (CTRL+U)
Here's a link to a free "paint by numbers action" (i think there is actually two in the set )
Last edited by palms; 12-03-2005 at 11:08 AM. Reason: forgot link
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Paint Engine Presets - installing, custom uploads (file)||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||32||08-06-2014 07:06 PM|
|Paint Right on the Web - Jackson Pollock style||Photomaster||Photo-Art Resources||7||07-19-2011 01:00 AM|
|Deep Paint 2.0: Make your Photoshop Image look like a REAL Oil Painting||Photomaster||Photo-Based Art||28||07-29-2009 01:59 PM|
|Software: Deep Paint - Digital Artist||DannyRaphael||Photo-Art Resources||5||04-01-2006 07:53 PM|
|Paint With Light for Paint Shop Pro||bart_hickman||Photo Retouching||5||01-17-2006 12:35 AM|