RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Hemera Photo-objects

Old 11-15-2001, 07:02 PM

Hemera Photo-objects

Just curious to see if anyone in the group has bought Hemera Photo objects. This program gives you 50,000 photo objects that are royalty free. From what I can see, this could be helpful to me on some of my manipulation projects. All the photo objects are put on a transparent layer some include drop shadows, others do not.

I read on Amazon.com user reviews that there are some problems with crashing on their volume 2 edition. Has anyone tried this program or the first edition? Christmas is coming... and it may be on my list.

Ill post a link to a project I did with it (trial version). The cement roller is one of the photo objects (excluding the driver, I put him in there) The background is a pic I took of Michigan Ave. in Chicago.

http://24.251.78.85:8080/carl/ron_im...crusherweb.jpg

Take care - Carl
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2001, 07:30 PM

I have the Photo Objects. I got it either last year or the year before. I haven't used it a lot, but I've never had a problem. Although, I did check their site a while back and got a patch or update.
Nice job on the steam roller! I thought it was part of the original photo.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2001, 09:26 PM
Janitor

I don't have them, though I looked at the box in the computer store. Seemed from the specs that they were too low-rez for restoration. Was I mistaken?
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2001, 09:50 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Carl,

I can't comment on the software, but I thought I'd mention that if Santa does bring it to you, be sure to tell him to go to Amazon.com through a link from this site. Every little bit helps.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2001, 10:14 PM

In the trial version I have, it has a setting that says "adjust image resolution for professional quality printing 300 dpi" There are also other settings for lower resolutions. I am sure it interpolates it or something. What I can tell you is that I printed out an 8 x 10 of the sample file I attached and it came out real nice. The sample I linked to was resized down to 640 x 480 for my website.

Doug I would recommend downloading the trial version and give it a spin. They give you about 50 photo objects to try. I have not seen the catalog that shows all different images they provide, but these will give you a taste.

I'm glad Ed gave me the reminder on ordering thru amazon via Retouch Pro.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software