RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Cut out plug-in for Photoshop

Old 09-29-2005, 05:34 AM

FYI I've just read Vertus have slashed the price of the Fluid Mask plugin to £179 and added an extra 6 months onto the free upgrade period so now you get a full year.

Dave.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-29-2005, 11:04 AM

Still not available for Windows - another 2-3 weeks to wait.

Christine
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2005, 05:29 PM

Wow! Some demos make me think, that for certain instruments like used in http://www.vertustech.com/downloads/...s/hair_pop.htm they used technology very similar to ours...

(see my post here http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/software/11815-please-test-new-freeware-selection-plugin-gml-crowcut.html)

I wonder whether they read our paper
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2005, 09:57 PM

Anyone has news of what happened to Fluidmask for PC?
Its Dec now and still no news about their PC demo?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2005, 11:56 AM

I found this

http://www.dcpsystems.co.uk/index.htm

MORE EXCITING NEWS ON FLUID MASK

DCP are pleased to announce the long awaited arrival of the PC version of Fluid Mask which offers all the benefits of the hugely successful Mac version introduced by DCP three months ago.

This next generation cut out tool makes light work of the cutting out process by not just reducing, but eradicating the risk of error when cutting out the extremely intricate in what seems an impossibly short time.

As well as being able to pass on the exciting news of the PC version, Fluid Mask launch, we can now also announce the launch of a new additional version of the plug-in Fluid Mask Advanced, which will be available in the new year.

As a special offer to customers buying the standard version Fluid mask software, currently priced £179.00 ex VAT, between now and the end of the year, a free upgrade to the advanced version which will sell at £350.00 ex VAT, when it becomes available. Thereafter, Fluid Mask Advanced, will be available for both Mac and PC at the revised price
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-09-2005, 04:28 AM

Nothing yet for the PC on their website.

Christine
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-09-2005, 01:48 PM

I was intrigued by the idea of an "advanced" version of Fluid Mask (having reasonably assumed the current one is otherwise advanced given some of the glowing praise it has received). I found this posting on another site, written by Simon Eccles, on 4 October 2005. He wrote:

" They're working on a Pro version that will use something new for better hair cutouts. It's pretty good at hair already, but still not perfect, so they think they can improve it still further. I suspect that the Pro version will be at the original £299 price.

They're also adapting the undelying segmentation technology for raster-to-vector conversions for another forthcoming product. I've seen demo images that seem to be better than the Live Trace feature in Adobe Illustrator CS2. "
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-21-2005, 04:42 AM

Fluidmask PC Demo is now available.

Christine
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-21-2005, 09:06 AM

Thanks Xaran, been looking daily too, been looking for a new 'toy'
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-21-2005, 01:08 PM

thanks, xaran.

now, the next question on this is whether or not this program will work for us non-photoshop folks. the vertus website says this:
Quote:
Fluid Mask is an Adobe Photoshop plug-in, therefore you will need to have Photoshop v6 or higher installed.
and, if taken literally, that means ONLY photoshop and not the gimp or paint shop pro or any others that are photoshop plugin compatible. and since Grow Cut in its earliest form only worked with photoshop, i'm inclined to believe this is a literal statement by Vertus. however, if anyone could confirm this one way or the other, i'd appreciate it.

craig
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software