RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Roxio GoBack 3

Old 11-29-2001, 02:47 PM

By the very nature of it's work (disaster recovery, Go Back (Rescue Disk, and others) anticipate that, for all intents and purposes, Windows is inoperable. A Start-up, i.e. bootable floppy, gets the rescue started. Your OS may determine how it then proceeds since from Windows ME on, a command prompt no longer exists in its true form.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2001, 09:00 AM

Chris:

When I turn the computer on (running windows 98SE) I get a GoBack menu which allows me to click on the space bar to open it up. From there I can go back to a previous time, before the OS crash and select the day or time (of those shown) that I want to revert to, hit the enter key and it loads up.

Very easy. Worked great for me a number of times when the software or patch I was loading crashed the OS. I just shut down, select a previous time when it was working normally, and start up again. Usually takes about 5 to 8 minutes, since it also scans the harddrive when starting. I then open GoBack from windows, and select any files that I had loaded between the time I selected to revert to and the time of the crash, that I wanted to also reload and load them back.

This works well for me after my last crash I lost the image file that I had worked on for about a day. After reverting to a previous day and restarting, I was also able to reinstall the image file.

Hope this helps you better understand it.

George
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2001, 01:07 PM

Crystal clear and I note the program gets its foot in the door as things start to load. I attempted an upgrade to 98se from 98 a couple of weeks ago and alas I had to take to the lifeboat with all the re-installing to do. Even if you don't lose data its a long job getting everything going again. (Scottish power plant nearly mutinied Tom) Thanks again George.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2001, 03:57 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
This has been an interesting thread. Once again, Tom gets a gold star for starting it! It sounds like a must have.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2001, 07:36 PM

Exclamation Save $$$$$$$

But you gotta hurry.
Roxio is offering free shipping til December 31! Heck you've got more than 48 hours left!
Roxio GoBack3 is also available electronically for $40 --$10 less than if you have it physically shipped (but available only in the US)
(and I don't work for Roxio, know anyone who works for Roxio, etc etc. Crashes are such a nuisance...and waste of time
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2001, 09:51 PM

Thank you for sharing such great information. I would never have learned about this until I had a crash. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software