Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

first post - where do i go ?

Old 08-10-2005, 04:50 AM
first post - where do i go ?

Firstly, hello to you all ..

I'm currently writing on the environmental history of Brazil, which also involves the reconstruction of historical and prehistorical landscapes.

Lately, I've been trying to produce some illustrations in this context, using a variety of Geographic/Landscape Rendering/3D modelling applications.

I would very much like to add Photoshop to this arsenal, but Im afraid I still dont know enough about the detailed workings of this great programm, although ive been using it superficially since years (like so many).

To put it in a simplified manner:
I have a large number of aerial footage of tropical forests available, which I'd like to insert, as skillfully as possible, into wellknown, recognizable motives (stuff known from postcards etc.), in order to revert these 'back in time', and thus create a series of before / after pairs.

And I decided look for help with that, since my own humble nibblings with the clone stamp have left me quite dissapointed so far.

So, i any of You could point me to the thread which is best suited to post questions in this respect, id very much appreciate it.

Thank You All
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-10-2005, 07:37 AM
hi doonee and welcome to RP.

sounds like an interesting task. the best forums would either be the Help Requested forum or the Retouch, Restoration, Reconstruction forum. either of those sound apropo to what you're doing. also, when you post, it's a good idea to post an image of what you're working on, preferably a before and after of the work. this makes it easier for folks to give specific help tips.

good luck

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software