RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Software Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Bruce Beard's Hair and Skin Color Charts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2005, 11:53 PM

I had downloaded the Bruce Beard's Hair and Skin Color Charts zip file onto my desktop. Can someone please tell me how can I put it into Photoshop Cs.

Gerald McClaren
Old 09-20-2005, 02:27 AM

I believe they are simply JPG files - unzip then open them in Photoshop to sample the colours.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:45 AM

I would like to ask how to open them in photoshop please. Though I am learning things little by little I still do not know a lot about this program. I am going to take a beginners class next week. Due to a learning disability hands on works a lot better for me. Thanks Neb
Old 09-20-2005, 09:18 AM

OK, it is obvious this may be a dumb question, however to explain why I asked. I also have psp and I download things right into the program to pull up and use.

I have the charts downloaded to my documents , so I was jusy wondering if the codes from the charts get downloaded into photo shop to pull up and use , but am betting you mean just pull them up from my documents to open the charts to see the codes to put in the color box. Anyway this is why I asked how to do it!! Thanks Neb
Old 09-20-2005, 09:49 AM

I would like to know what is the difference between Bruce.zip and Bruces hair and flesh.zip., and which one should I use to download into Photoshop Cs. Bruce.zip has four files, and Bruces hair and flesh.zip has two files with the extension .aco. I'm not computer literate, how can I unzip those files and put them into Photoshop Cs.

Gerald McClaren
Old 09-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Janitor

Open the swatches palette and click the little black arrow in the upper-right corner. This will open a menu. Choose "Load" and navigate to wherever you have the palette stored.

It's pretty much all spelled out here, for both PSP and PS users.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:22 PM

Thank You Doug:
I am reading the information now. I appreciate the post. It is very hard for those of us whom come to your site and are such newbie's to photoshop. So many times the suggestions are like a foreign language. I would like to get better at this, but do not always have the time to look into every topic like I would like to. I do not order off the net, and went to our local book store and they said Katrina's book is only sold through her website. So she lost a customer there. Thanks I will just keep plugging away and take it one very slow step at a time!!
NEB
Old 09-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Janitor

Sounds like you need a new book shop. None of the books discussed here are only available from a website. Find a local Borders or Barnes and Noble. Most smaller shops can't afford to stock a good range of computer books, since they get updated so frequently.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:21 PM

Well that is what the owner told me. She usually orders the book if it is not in stock. When she looked she said it was only available on the website of the author. I will be going to the BIG CITY thursday and will check there. Thanks NEB