Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

CS2 and Bridge

View Poll Results: If you use CS2, do you also use Bridge?
Always 57 28.93%
Regularly 41 20.81%
Sometimes 51 25.89%
Never 48 24.37%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2005, 12:20 AM
Not only Bridge is a huge program that takes a lot of resources, it also appears to be buggy... every now and then gives you some weird messages.

I usually use ACDsee... that program opens very fast and has a lot of coolfeatures that you canuse if you need to resize or color adjust something really quickly for the web and you do not feel like openning PS.

I like it

Try it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-07-2005, 01:37 PM
I use it all the time and haven't had any problems so far. The thing I like is that I can preview my psd files which I can't do in Explorer. I have 2 GB RAM so I haven't noticed it being a memory hog.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2005, 03:35 AM
Batch batch batch

The power of the automated actions on multiple files is great. I use the bridge to take care of the teadious work. Just make an action and use the batch. I have 2gb ram, and have never had a problem. I suggest upgrading your computer if possible and use the bridge.

On the other hand, if you only work with one file at a time it would just be icing on the cake.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-15-2005, 06:30 PM
My first posting, so please forgive any errors. I've found Bridge especially useful for batch renaming of large projects, such as weddings - and for organizing images to use in a DVD slideshow (weddings again.)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2005, 08:37 PM
tried again

You know, I just tried bridge again today a couple of times thinking that it would be easier to use for some batch stuff. I wrote earlier on in this thread that it is bloatware and I certainly have to reiterate that. I am running an iMac G5, 1.8GHz, 768MB RAM, PSCS2 and it seems to me that there are several combinations of things that run much smoother and faster than bridge. The finder alone in mac OSX is quick with previews and sorting files etc. I just drag the file(s) to PS and go from there. I also use OSX's own Automator or a little app called photo Drop for batch processing. I find working through bridge to be slow and far more trouble than it's worth.

That said, if Santa had brought me a matched set of 1GB RAM sticks to bring my puter up to 2GB, it might not be as much of a problem.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2006, 04:57 AM
i hardly use adobe. i use Nikon View to view my images. by far it IS the fastest view. even faster than ACDsee8. on my laptop of 2.26Ghz and 2Gb ram. it can view almost 20 D2x NEF files per second. unlike adobe bridge 1 image per 2-3 secs.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software