RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

software to view on TV

Old 12-19-2005, 06:56 AM

software to view on TV

I'm not sure this is the forum for this question, but hope to get some help. I want to burn my photos with music perhaps using Power Point or something similar, to a CD or DVD and view them on our TV using our DVD player. Can anyone tell me of the best software for this at, of course, the best price? I use Photoshop Elements 2 and have wondered if the newer versions would make this possible, or do I need something completely different?

Thanks
PegM
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2005, 07:16 AM

Try picturestoexe, details as follows:

PicturesToExe creates presentation in stand-alone .EXE file. Using a clean-looking, intuitive interface, you select pictures from any combination of folders on your system. Then press the Create button. In just moments, you've produced an .exe file that, when run, displays the images with the options you've selected. Options let you specify automatic or manual sequencing, pick the timer interval, adjust font and background properties, and decide whether you want the sequence to run once and terminate or to repeat continuously. You can also add a MIDI, or MP3-based soundtrack and associate each picture with a .wav file. PicturesToExe is a nice way to share your favorite images with others in a compact, easy-to-email form. Ability to create AVI video file.

Only $24 for home use from www.winsoft.com

I am not connected to anyone on this site except as a user (although I have not yet made a DVD yet).
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2005, 07:32 AM

If you are on Windows XP, photostory 3 does a great job of creating slideshows with music background. It has some great effects and it's free.
That will create your video, then use any DVD/VCD creation software to make it playable on any DVD player. There are many Free DVD authoring tools on the net, Just google "Free DVD Software"

Or you could try one of the many free DVD slideshow creation tools like the one on the link below.
http://www.gold-software.com/download3670.html

I've used that one a few times with good results
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2005, 07:58 AM

if you have windows xp (home or pro), it came with Movie Maker 2 (mm2). i used that to make this: http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-based-art/11017-gift.html (look at post #5 in that thread for the actual link to the video). it's somewhat clumsy and a bit fussy, but it can do the job. and if you really want to make professional looking videos, try macromedia's dreamweaver. ok, just looked that up and it seems adobe has bought out macromedia. the address is still: http://www.macromedia.com/ however. this is top level software with a price tag to match, though. so, not for everyone.

there was another thread about this too. if i run across it again i'll post the link to it. it had some other software references on this subject.

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2005, 08:10 AM

If you have a DVD writer that came with Nero, the Nero software is very capable and can record to CD or DVD after doing the compliant Mpeg compression
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2005, 08:30 AM

Just an example of what you get with photostory, this is a low res copy of one I did of my daughters first riding lesson.
http://photohospital.co.nr/riding.wmv
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-20-2005, 01:26 AM

chris,

based on this thread i went ahead and installed photostory 3. i'd had it sitting on my drive for a while, but hadnt installed it. that's probably the easiest of all the ones i've tried so far. i had said elsewhere why didnt microsoft update moviemaker 2 and do something more with it. seems that that is what photostory 3 is. i can see remnants of mm2 in there.

in under and hour i put together a quickie of some images i had used before and set them to music. it was somewhat rough and needs to be redone, but it was pretty easy. i'm a little curious about some of the items in there. for instance, i cant seem to turn off the ken burns panning effect and ALL my images want end up doing that. that just seems odd, but i'm probably just missing something yet. i only played with it a little bit last night and have no time for it right now, but i will get back to it. with images that are already prepped and music already made, this looks to be a pretty decent slide/video presentation piece of software.

thanks

oh, and nicely done on yours! what's the music from?

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-20-2005, 06:53 AM

If you have XP and don't want to spend any money...Movie Maker works just great. I have Nero also and you can find that cheap some days if you watch the ads on Sundays.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-20-2005, 08:15 AM

This is what I do for a business (on a little higher level).

The three consumer level softwares that I am very familiar with are Ulead Videostudio, Pinnacle Studio, and Sony Vegas Movie Studio. I would say that these three softwares still a little overkill for your needs. (But if anyone was ever to get one of them go with the Vegas)

I have used (and you can download a demo) Ulead CD & DVD Pictureshow software. www.ulead.com

Most of Ulead's software that I have tried has always been very user friendly and low on the crash scale. It may be worth trying the demo.

As Cassidy said, I have also seen that my Nero burning software has the capability to burning a slideshow, I haven't tried it though.

As a side note, if anyone ever has any video questions I would be more than happy to help. I use Sony Vegas 6, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Ulead Videostudio, and Pinnacle Studio.

-B
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-20-2005, 08:56 AM
Patron

Movies

Check out your DVD burning software. That may be included and you may have it already. Roxio has several applications that at least come with Mac Software (Toast) that allow you to make a CD or DVD plus music. If thats all you want to do I'll bet there are plenty of free applications out there in PC land.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software