Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Drawing Guides and Photoshop

Old 12-22-2005, 11:37 AM
Drawing Guides

Hey everyone and Happy Holidays!! Chris, that French curves link you posted is a great idea and that may get me going. I do have illustrator, but don't use it much and know various vers of Photoshop much better. Maybe I'm asking a lot of Photoshop, but because of it's complexity and the discoveries users come up with, I imagine the answers are buried deep inside the program somewhere. I had no idea I would get so much interest and support here and I am glad others have a desire to pursue my goals and theirs. Here is an example. Suppose I wanted to retouch/enhance a high rez digital photo of a BMW. The French curve templates could be applied to the lines for rapid airbrushing, making masks and sharpening highlights. If anyone has an example of applying these French curves via Photoshop, please let us know how you did it. In the mean time, I'll see what I can come up with. steveb
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-22-2005, 12:21 PM
At Richard Rosenman’s Site there is a free Plug-In called SuperFormula.
This filter generates a wide variety of geometric shapes
There is another one for creating customizable grids

Reply With Quote top
Old 12-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Steve, For masking for airbrushing I highly recommend the bezier curves of the pen tool. You can creat really nice paths with them and then use those paths to mask out the areas you need. It takes a little practice to master them but you can control the shape of the curve very very acurately. There are a great many tricks to using them effectively but once you're used to them it's like using the French Curves you're used to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg curve.jpg (31.9 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by goose443; 12-22-2005 at 12:55 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software