RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Photoshop Elements 4 and Premiere Elements 2

Old 01-03-2006, 12:43 PM

Photoshop Elements 4 and Premiere Elements 2

ok, i finally made the photoshop plunge today and bought photoshop elements 4 in a combo pack with premiere elements 2. total price at Staples (staples.com) was $149. this is before a $30 mail in rebate. so, $119 after rebate.

most of you are familiar with elements, so i wont try to explain this at all currently. i will probably give my impressions after installing and using for a while. but that will be later.

what i wanted to comment on with premiere. as some may know, adobe bought out macromedia. and macromedia are the folks that made macromedia flash, or macromedia studio mx. this is THE flash animation program. just as photoshop is the cadillac photo editor, macromedia was the cadillac of animation flash programming. premiere seems to be adobe's new 'elements' for video and side show editing. i'm guessing it's born out of the macromedia engine which they now own.

and, as some of you know, i've done a few animations and slide/video shows, one of which i've posted in the forums. but the program i was using was pretty clumsy and somewhat buggy. premiere is my answer to this, at least in theory. i havent installed it yet either, having just gotten home from the store. but the open cover advertising on it looked pretty darn good. i'll let you know if it meets up to what i think it is or not. i also bought a new video card and have to do some software upgrades before installing all this stuff, so it might be a while before i can report any results, but it does look good in the nice, heavy box it came in

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2006, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraellin
ok, i finally made the photoshop plunge today and bought photoshop elements 4 in a combo pack with premiere elements 2. total price at Staples (staples.com) was $149. this is before a $30 mail in rebate. so, $119 after rebate.
craig
And how do you like the selection thingy (magic brush) that they have? I didn't succeed to get really good results from it, but maybe I'm prone to prejudice here?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software