RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Imagezone technology by HP???

Old 01-10-2006, 07:19 PM

Imagezone technology by HP???

I just saw a commercial, well the second half of it and all I saw was somehow they click... and new background, click... the color is perfect, etc. I wish I would have seen the whole thing but is anyone familiar with this??? I mean, they made it look like all you had to do is a quick highlight and you miraculously have this flawless change of background. I'm just curious about this.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2006, 08:10 PM

I've got ver4, I think the latest is ver5, but I'm pretty sure that what you thought you saw wasn't a quick background change, Image Zone has a very basic set of editing tools, color adjust, saturation, crop, rotate etc. no in depth editing tools. It does have a project center, creating cards, calendars flyers etc.. it might have been that you caught a glimpse of one of these features, the cards for instance. sveral different templates and card backgrounds that add the complete photo to a background, not a background replacement of the photo itself, granted it does these in a single click

Now it's entirely possible the latest version has some newer features, so I can't say with 100% certainty that it doesn't have what you describe. I'll defer to someone who has it.
I don't really use it (Image Zone) much, I find it to be a big resource hog. It came bundled with printer software. I prefer to edit with other software and as I use my own server to host files, the photo sharing portion doesn't hold much use for me.

hope this helps

Chester
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-11-2006, 12:21 AM

i've seen the same commercial and they are replacing the background instantly in the commercial. but i think this is basically a case of 'commercial license' or 'half truth advertising'. every piece of editing software i've ever seen from HP is like garazon said, VERY basic. but, also like garazon, i dont have it, havent used it, and could be all wet.

have you checked their website? it could be a free download.

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-11-2006, 12:53 AM

no... I didn't even think to check out the website. I just saw that and thought woah... even my dad could do that... there goes my job HAHA.

Thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-11-2006, 05:02 AM

HP Image Zone is a free download from here:

http://www.hp.ca/portal/hho/ize/down...e+Copy+Now+%BB

Just downloaded it and it is image zone express, is this the same program?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-11-2006, 05:31 AM

Express is the lite version, the other, Image Zone v5, you have to buy, but it usually comes bundled with scanners, printers etc from HP. Noticed also on the US site that express is now HP Photosmart Essential software, renamed and revamped, so they say, still free
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software