RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

New denoising software

Old 01-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Janitor

New denoising software

Some very dramatic examples, but you're on your own about how to use it.

http://www.greyc.ensicaen.fr/~dtschu...nstration.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2006, 01:11 AM

I can't figure what they do as their forum has no returns or answers. I'll wait to replace my Noise Ninja.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2006, 07:41 AM

Doug, actually I found the Image Inpainting much more interesting.There are already quite a few denoisers around, but the Inpainting is something I'd really like to play with.

Been a (very) long time since I messed around in C (didn't have little plus signs then), but it seem there's a lot of interesting things around.

I was going to try and discover how to install C++ programs, but thought I'd ask first if someone can give me some pointers.

Any C++ experts around?

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2006, 08:05 AM

Hi Rô.

Isn’t there something similar to the Inpainting available in Image Analyzer.
Special > Texture Synthesise. I have not used it yet.

Are you familiar with Filtermeister? It uses a C+ type language and it is very easy to make filters. There are lots of samples and help. And it’s free to use for your own use. You have to buy it to distribute filters.
http://www.filtermeister.com/

Ken
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2006, 06:09 PM

Ken, yes, I think it is similar.
However, I haven't yet discovered how to set up the Texture Synthesis.

I did get this one working though, if anyone is interested....

1) Go to the download page and get the GREYCSTORATION v2.0 for Windows (9x,2k,XP) download. Note that this is not an installer this is the program.

2) Now into geek territory .....To run it you'll need the command prompt (that's a little black icon with C:\ written on it). Navigate your way around (do you still remember the "cd" DOS command?) to get to the folder where the program is.

3) The basic command is "greycstoration_win32". The complicated bit is in the parameters that you add on after this. To get help, just add on -h (greycstoration_win32 -h). This brings up a screen of options.

4) There are three flavours to choose from restore, resize and inpaint. To get the options for each one, do the -h trick again like this greycstoration_win32 -h -inpaint

5) You're going to need some images to test this on. As it stands the program will only process Bitmaps (.bmp).To make things easier, place the bitmap(s) in the same folder.

6) For the restore and resize options you only need one bitmap, for the inpaint you're gong to need a mask as well (attention: the part to be replaced is white and the rest is black). You can also specify an output file - but if you don't you can still save at the end of the process.
A sample command line could look like this:
Code:
greycstoration_win32 -inpaint Tiger.bmp -m Bars.bmp -o Result.bmp -iter 200
7) Pressing <Enter> a new screen appears showing the image and a counter on the command screen shows your progress. This process can be s-l-o-w. A good idea when using inpainting would be to use only a few iterations until you've got things going in the right direction.

8) At the end of the processing, leave the image window selected (not the command window). You have some more options <S>ave, <Q>uit <I>terate again. A nice touch here is that you draw a selection on the image and get a zoomed copy.

9) If you haven't run away screaming yet, and want some more . Download the ImageMagick package, install this and put a copy of the convert.exe program somewhere where the greycstoration can find it easily - like in the same folder. Now you're free of the BMP limitation.

10) Hey! Where did everyone go?

I remember that taking Danny's tiger out from behind the bars was an interesting challenge. So I thought I'd see what this program could do.
Not too impressive, but the fault is probably with me for not knowing yet how to tweak all those parameters.

(See you at the beach, Duv)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tiger_Before.jpg (99.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Tiger_After.jpg (99.9 KB, 57 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2006, 04:11 PM

More Cross Posting

I hope you don’t mind me using the same picture for comparison.

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/sho...667#post112667

Ken
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Patron

GIMP has GreyCstoration filter.

Haven't tried this standalone version yet. I do know it takes forever to use the GIMP plugin. Here's the main support site for the GIMP plugin (lot's more info about this restoration method too).

The attached sample was created using DCSpecial's ICE4 filter and GIMP's GreyCstoration filter (just having fun).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0001.jpg (98.9 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by lkroll; 02-01-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software