Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Painter vs. Photoshop

Old 09-05-2006, 07:49 AM
Here's my 2 cents...

I have Painter, but I've never had any fine art training. I'm not familiar with the various art media (okay, I know chalk, pen & ink etc., but as for oils, etc. I haven't a clue as to how to apply, blend or manipulate them). The whole "camel hair", impasto stuff is foreign to me.

I can achieve some things in Painter using various clone tools, but as for pure stroking with brushes, I'm all thumbs and usually end up with a smeary mess. Perhaps if I had more time to dedicate to learning Painter, I could accomplish more with better results.

I pull up Painter about once every 3 or 4 months and try, try again, but have yet to master any one technique. I envy those who have a background in art and have a better understanding of how the various media "works"
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-11-2006, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by byRo
If you want to do a Painting use Painter, for everything else use PS.

right words, fair words
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software