RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

How do I reset the date to recover...

Old 02-08-2006, 04:47 AM

How do I reset the date to recover...

...a Photoshop CS file?

I deleted a couple of software programs that were not part of Photoshop CS but could be used in CS. As luck would have it when I opened CS today I got a message that a CS file is now missing. I reinstalled the programs from the recycle bin, but the CS file is still missing. I understand that it is possible in Windows XP to go into it somehow and recover/restore software by resetting the cpu to a date when the software was OK. Can someone tell me how to do this - step by step?

Thanks,

Cliff.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2006, 05:10 AM

Click on Start->Help and Support, about half way down the page on the right hand side you will see undo system changes with system restore. Select this, then choose restore my system to an earlier time, click on the date you wish to restore from and click on the system restore information in the right hand side of the window and select ok or next (not sure which one it is) after a few minutes to a little bit longer, windows will reboot into the restored configuration.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2006, 07:37 AM

Smile That did it!

Cass,

That did it! Many thanks. The file turned out to be for PS CS verification. I wonder why in the world someone would do that with a brush tool file, or do they all do that? Regardless, the fix is in, and I appreciate the help.

Cliff.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2006, 07:51 AM

Hi,

Cass' solution should solve the problem .... but only if the deleted file was included in the 'System Restore' back-up ....

Shouldn't it work ... (talking of personal experience here ... ) ...

1* reinstall Photoshop, (if you do this, remember to save first your personalized PS settings ... usually, the whole 'Presets' Folder found in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop XX and the 'Photoshop' Folder found in C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Application Data\Adobe .... otherwise you'll be brought back to the initial PS default settings .... )

2* since restoring files or folders from the recycle bin is never like installing them .... you could try a new install of the program/s you deleted and, if this works, delete them again but choosing to keep the files that might be 'used' by other programs during deletion....

Hope this helps ...
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2006, 07:53 AM

OOOpppsss ...

Cliff,

you had already answered while I was writing .... Glad to hear everything is fine ...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software