RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

How Many Using or Trying Deep Paint

View Poll Results: How Many Using or Trying Deep Paint?
I use Deep Paint regularly 1 4.55%
I am actively learning to use Deep Paint 5 22.73%
I have downloaded Deep Paint and intend to learn to use it. 8 36.36%
I have downloaded Deep Paint and am not interested. 1 4.55%
I have not tried Deep Paint. 3 13.64%
I have not tried Deep Paint and I don't intend to. 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2006, 07:32 AM

How Many Using or Trying Deep Paint

I am curious about the use of Deep Paint, either for learning or using it for Photo-Art.

Votes and any additional comments appreciated.

Ken

PS: I have never posted a poll before and the method to initiate it is not very obvious....
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-20-2006, 09:14 AM

Seeing as how there aren't many learning sources around, maybe actively learning, should be actively discovering

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-20-2006, 11:48 AM

i think you're missing a couple of categories here. i voted 'intend to learn', but that doesnt really describe the situation for me. i've got it, installed it, learned a bit, and continue to come back to it now and again... especially when photomaster posts something new about it so, somewhere between 'intend to learn' and 'actively learning' shld be another category something like 'learning casually' or 'picking up bits and pieces, but not my main editor'.

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-20-2006, 12:02 PM

Craig: thanks for the clarification...sorry for missing that distinction. Is there a way to edit the poll choices after a poll has been started?? I am going to guess there is not. Anyway. just trying to check interest......

If you had to guess, would your guess be that over 80% of all those who do photo-art, use either PS, PSP, or some version of Painter?? If not 80%, then what? I wonder what the other 20% (or ???) use, and then finally, where they might think Deep Paint would rank.

Anyway, just speculating.....

Ken
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-22-2006, 02:15 PM

Curious, but somewhat expected.....Not many folks saying they are using or learing or EXPLORING or learning bits and pieces, even though there have been some posts about using DP.

I continue to think it is one of the more powerful painting/cloning programs available, especially at the zero price point. I have a book coming on how to use it (mentioned in one of Danny's posts), and continued experimentation. I wish there were more so that more program uses/tricks/tips could be shared, but.........

Ken
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-22-2006, 09:44 PM

What about had a copy ages ago and it is gathering dust now. I get excited about something new but I am easily distracted (a problem I know) maybe reading this post will make me look again. I tipped on deep paint from my 3D studio interactions.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-23-2006, 06:51 AM

Downloaded it ages ago, bought the book, played in it a few times, liked the results, but have so many other digital art toys that I forget to check back into it. I'm getting the impasto effects that I want in Painter, and I've already invested a huge amount of learning curve time in that program. Possibly if someone starts posting stunningly unique results in Deep Paint, my interest will be peaked again. Call me fickle
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2006, 02:47 AM

Finally cracked (some) secrets of Deep Paint

Watch for upcoming posts and another tutorial. This program continues to amaze me. I've learned you can clone with any brush in the program, not just the cloners, and that you have complete control over the cloning effect and every stroke can be modified to suit your artistic tastes. One of the secrets is to work large. (Around 200% zoom or more) Another is to work with controlled strokes while varying your brush size and strength as needed. Just scribbling over a photo will not produce desireable results.

Attached are two impasto works.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flower-Impasto.jpg (96.1 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Mallard.jpg (69.2 KB, 32 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2006, 05:36 AM

PM, I really liked the flowers. That's the sort of 2 1/2D effect that I had been aiming for.

(I would have done the background a little less shiny, but that's just a question of taste.)

Please continue sharing your discoveries.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software