Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Deep Paint

Old 02-26-2006, 08:59 AM
Deep Paint

Can anyone offer advice on getting Deep Paint to work? I open a photo, open Deep paint, click "Send" tab and it runs, and runs, and runs but never finishes. I even left my computer on all night last night to see if it would complete the test and when I got up this morning, it STILL hadn't finished. There's no question that I'm doing something wrong, but with no user guide to offer assistance, I'm a bit stuck. Thank you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-26-2006, 11:46 AM
The problem is probably in the send-to-Deep-Paint plugin and not in Deep Paint itself.

Lets test this...

Remember, Deep Paint also works as a stand-alone program (in fact I always use it that way).
So you can just open up the Deep Paint program directly and then try to open an image with Deep Paint.

Did this work?

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-26-2006, 12:46 PM

i assume you're trying to run DP as a plugin from some other program. what is the other program and how are you invoking it from there?

i use DP from paint shop pro 10 and it works fine. i call up psp 10, load an image there, call up my 'effects' menu and the plugin section, pick DP and stuff loads. i then get a popup with the 'Send' message. when i hit that, DP opens up and the image i loaded in psp comes up in DP. so, if you're doing something different from that, or have DP loaded and running in a different way, let us know.

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Thank you

Ro, I tried running it as a stand alone and got a lot more options than I did before. I tried running it as a plug-in from within Photoshop, and that's where the initial problem was. Thanks to both of you for your input. PJ
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software