Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

onOne Software Photoshop Plug-in Suite

Old 04-18-2006, 12:17 PM
onOne Software Photoshop Plug-in Suite

Just received and installed the onOne Photoshop Plug-in Suite and have to say I am impressed! Buying the bundle saved me over $230 since I had not updated any of the modules to OSX.

The Suite Includes:

GENUINE FRACTALS: Lets you enlarge mid resolution photos up to 800% with excellent quality! Prepress folks, this is awesome! I haven't tried it on portraites, but for general landscape photos it is truly amazing! (This program runs from PS's "Automate" menu selection). See sample 2 below for various results of resampling/with Genuine Fractals.

MASK PRO: Taking Photoshop's Extraction Filter to the MAX. Use paint brushes or the pen tool to define the subject area and maintiain control of the edge blend/blurring. I hammered out (the pen tool turns to a hammer icon...really) a caladium leaf in about a minute. The pen selection tool has magnetic qualities that you can control for exactness as well.

INTELLIHANCE PRO: A great tool for reparing photos for noise, dust and scratches, color cast, focus, contrast and imperfections caused by digital cameras or drum scanners. You can set the interface up much like viewing "Variations" in PS or view effects side by side. A good general purpose tool to have in your collection.

PHOTOFRAME: Greatly enhanced user interface. Thousands of options if you use multiple framse and stack them to suit. Search capability for favorite frames, or save frame(s) in a "favorites" drop down menu (great for consistancy throughout a large project). New to version 3 are mattes and "real" frames. I've posted an example below. You now have the option to save the frame effect on the current layer, a new layer (with transparency support!!!) OR as a layer mask (you must create a new empty layer and add a mask before going to the PhotoFrame filter, but no big deal). You can add bevels, another border, glows, and texture to your frames and also adjust blend mode, opacity and noise from within the filter itself. Great Stuff.

You can get more information at onOne Software There are some excellent tutorials to help give you an overview of their products.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PhotoFrame-sample.jpg (29.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Genuine-Fractals.jpg (83.7 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Swampy; 04-23-2006 at 12:35 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software