RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

FilterMeister - General Info

Old 04-06-2006, 01:15 PM

thanks guys. good to know it's still being worked on.

that 'what's new' page is actually what's in the version i'm using. the setZoom does work. tried it out, but functionally, it doesnt really seem get anything more than what i was getting before before using setZoom. they said '200% larger preview' on the what's new, but i dont really see it, unless it means that what exists now is 200% over what was possible in the earlier versions, which i never had. but it's not a 200% of original image. what i'd love to see is 200% of the original image. then again, i may have implemented it wrong or be looking at it incorrectly.

i tried it like they said, but wasnt quite sure where to put the -888.

Code:
setZoom(ctl(40));

ctl(40): "Preview Zoom",Range=(-888,16),pos=(305,330)
this did work. it compiled and i got the new 'zoom preview' with a slider to magnify, but it, at the largest size, only takes it to a 100% view.

but again, i'm probably just implementing it incorrectly or thinking about it incorrectly.

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2006, 11:06 PM

guys,

a question here about FM. does it have the capability to do a color pick from the preview window and if so, could you steer me in that direction? you know, like the eye dropper tool, pick a color and tell you its values or assign it to something.

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-04-2006, 10:29 AM

Craig,

You can use the chooseColor command, see here for details .

Good luck,

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-04-2006, 10:59 AM

thanks Ro. that does look like what i was after.

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-05-2006, 10:00 AM

well DAMN. I've got to day this... As a very new member of RTP and a technology-minded, vb script reading digital arts freak... you guys completely amaze me in how much you're willing to share on this forum. Quality... love it. My ears are smoking btw.

Rob
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-05-2006, 12:36 PM

ParkerF1, nice to see you around here. Have you already delved into FilterMeister?
"technology-minded, vb script reading digital arts freak" - seems like you're in the right place.

Folks of FM world. This thread is getting too long to be really useful to anybody trying to get the information out easily.
Over the weekend I'll be chopping this thread into smaller chunks, something like:
FM Basic information;
FM Colour conversion;
FM Sample filters
+ any other suggestions?
If the interest continues maybe we'll get ourselves our own little sub-forum - and tomorrow the world
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-05-2006, 07:38 PM

Hi Rô.

Are you trying to make FM easy?

Maybe an FM Art Chunk? I think this would be popular. And it’s an area we haven’t really touched on yet. Maybe ParkerF1 can contribute.

If this has to be split then I can think of no-one more capable than yourself. I am sure you will do it correctly.
But really this question can only be answered by Stroker. Without Stroker’s fantastic contributions this thread would not have become such a wonderful resource of FM info.

And they thought FM was just for geeks.

Ken.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-06-2006, 04:04 AM

Whatever byRo or whomever wants to do, I'm cool. If someone sets something up, I'm sure I'll contribute content. Ever since my last stretch with Tech-Slop, I haven't been much of a mood to do big organization type stuff (which is why I wanted a wiki, much looser for my sloppy ways).
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-08-2006, 07:39 AM

Nope, u guys just turned me on to it

I haven't had time to dive into it just yet. The 1 yr old at home sucks every ounce of time out of my evenings! I don't think I would even bother if it hadn't been for what you've already done here... I honestly am blown away by the generosity here. this forum is second to none.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software