RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Filter Forge

Old 05-28-2006, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterforge
And since filters in Filter Forge use HDRI lighting, we will have to pack all lighting environments into every 8bf, thus increasing its size to at least 12,6 megabytes.

Also, these HDRI images were licensed from Sachform on the terms prohibiting us from distributing their HDRIs anywhere except as a part of Filter Forge.
What if you had a lower-cost version called FilterForgeLite, which installs and runs just like Filter Forge, but the filters cannot be edited.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2006, 02:01 AM

I could have sworn somebody said something about borders.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Border Colour.zip (1.1 KB, 9 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2006, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byRo
Sleep. I need SLEEP.....

Here's a (lot) more complicated sketch effort. Not too good yet, but I 've got to leave something for tomorrow.

byRo -- make sure you submit it, we'll approve it right away.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2006, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker
I could have sworn somebody said something about borders.
Stroker -- nice idea, but it won't work on non-square images.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2006, 11:40 AM

Here is my first try at an edge and color plugin. The attached sample shows the original and three of the presets. As you can see, it does the basic sketch thing, and can also bring in some color. The nice thing about doing these moves in the plugin (compared to Photoshop Layers) is it is easier to tweak results.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ab_edgeandcolor.jpg (44.5 KB, 18 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2006, 12:14 PM

You'll have to pardon me. Wisdom teeth + codine + vicodin = brain not work so good. All I really remember is seeing the word border.

When I get my higher brain functions functioning a little better, I'll see about putting together an NPR thingie.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2006, 12:32 PM

Craig, all I did was sign up and the XP "save file" window popped up and I downloaded the pgm...(beta version, I assume). Now, I am also reading something about a trial time limit. Am I suddenly going to lose the program after a certain length of time unless I submit filters? If so I'll pass. I did not sign up as a beta tester.

B.T.W. the setup file is 24.7 megs. This sound like the file you folks got when you downloaded?

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraellin
steve,

currently, the way things work, you HAVE to sign up for the beta AND be approved before you can even download it. and yes, it comes with ALL currently approved filters and textures. i dont know exactly how many there are now, but it's a fair number.

and, from what i gather, once it's out of beta, this will still work this way. the filters can NOT be used without the program. so, you get everything when you sign up for beta or buy the released version. and, there is a 'check the site for new filters' function. all nice and slick.

i've checked the file sizes too. the biggest filter size i've got so far is only 14 kb. that's pretty small. and the biggest one i've seen of the pre-made ones is only 35 kb. that means you could save roughly 40 THOUSAND before ever using a gig of harddrive space.

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2006, 12:42 PM

steve,

i'm surprised you could download it without signing up. maybe they changed that. i do know about the time limit. it's 30 days. and yes, if you dont sign up it will expire. when you sign up for beta and get approved they send you a registration code so the time limit wont expire. you simply pull down one of the menu items and enter the registration code there and you're good to go.

i dont know how many they are accepting for beta either. vladimir could answer that. but i wouldnt wait. the list of folks is growing and you've got a good chance of getting a very nice program for free once it's released.

i think what they must be doing now is allowing folks to download the beta version but they dont have to sign up and they can get a discount or a free version by submitting 3 approved filters within the time limit. and the 2nd way is by signing up for beta, helping out with testing, submitting filters and having possibly a better chance of being rewarded the full version for free. at least that's the way i see it currently based on what i've seen and what you've said.

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2006, 03:15 PM

I did sign up, just not for beta testing.

This is all just a pastime thing for me and having to make filters or having to write reports on software is not something I care to get involved in. Makes it too much like a job. So I guess I'll pass.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraellin
steve,

i'm surprised you could download it without signing up. maybe they changed that. i do know about the time limit. it's 30 days. and yes, if you dont sign up it will expire. when you sign up for beta and get approved they send you a registration code so the time limit wont expire. you simply pull down one of the menu items and enter the registration code there and you're good to go.

i dont know how many they are accepting for beta either. vladimir could answer that. but i wouldnt wait. the list of folks is growing and you've got a good chance of getting a very nice program for free once it's released.

i think what they must be doing now is allowing folks to download the beta version but they dont have to sign up and they can get a discount or a free version by submitting 3 approved filters within the time limit. and the 2nd way is by signing up for beta, helping out with testing, submitting filters and having possibly a better chance of being rewarded the full version for free. at least that's the way i see it currently based on what i've seen and what you've said.

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-30-2006, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byRo
Here's a (lot) more complicated sketch effort
byRo, have you finished this sketch filter? It looks good, do you plan to submit it?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software