RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Automatic retouching

Old 08-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Janitor

Automatic retouching

It doesn't zap zits or hide wrinkles, but this new software will subtly make you more attractive.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-13-2006, 11:42 AM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I prefered the woman's face before the "adjustments", it had more character.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Janitor

Some better examples:

http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/~tommer/beautification/
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2006, 01:47 PM

Still don't agree that the program makes them "more beautiful". In the case of the 1st woman, I much prefer the untouched version, and I don't really see anything in the other images that makes me feel otherwise.

I guess the program writers definition of beauty is different to mine (as I expect mine is different to other people's). In all honesty I find the constant pursuit of "beauty" to be pretty futile anyway, as it is only ever going to be transitory.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-11-2006, 01:02 AM
Janitor

It appears this is available for download now:
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/index.php
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-11-2006, 04:42 AM

Not worth the money...

Just downloaded the trial version... I am not sure if this is good stuff. I tested it on one of my pictures, and the result is far behind what I am normally doing on portraits with photoshop. It seems to me that they have integrated some basic technics (cleaning teeth, making eyes brighter and more saturated, bluring skin) and also change the face slightly to a "perfect oval form". All of this (if necessary) takes me 5 minutes in PhotoShop with full control on what I am doing.

For me, this is not worth the 79 US$ they are asking for. And what I defintly don´t like: They are transfering the picture (without any asking) to their server, processing it and sending it back. I don´t want to send my pictures to anybody without knowing what they are doing with it.

So - nothing for me.

Wolfgang
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Janitor

I did some playing with it. I guess it's like the dancing dog, not how well it does it but that it does it at all. The wizard interface is pretty easy, though some of the lines you line up could be better described. I liked the final control panel that lets you increase or reduce the effects. The only one that bothers me is the face reshaping. It's simultaneously fun and a little creepy, and definitely not something that one would do in a typical retouching job. The other features (teeth/eye whitening, skin smoothing, etc.) worked quite well as long as you don't crank up their amounts to unrealistic levels (but that can be fun and creepy, too).

For the curious, the only difference between the demo and the full version is a watermark on the subject's forehead (!).
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-11-2006, 02:06 PM

I haven't looked at the plugin, only read what was posted on their web site. Plugins like this have popped up over the years ever since I can remember. Maybe as early as 1993 or so.
As with MOST plugins, they are for people who are not entirely comfortable with Photoshop or their progam of choice. They entice people to spend more money using gret eye candy and promises of making things easier. Which they do, but not always with desirable results.

Some people will find this a very helpful plugin. Some not.

Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Patron

Cool and wow award. Don't think these should be legal (but if they want to run it on me so I can change my avatar, then by all means).
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software