RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Corel Paint Shop Pro XI announced

Old 09-28-2007, 10:19 PM

Re: Corel Paint Shop Pro XI announced

fascinating. then why wouldnt this loop occur by having 'my computer' in your start menu, which, basically, everyone does, at least in the initial install of windows? i mean, i have 'my computer' in my start menu and psp isnt looping on me, at least that i can tell. and i'm not getting that high cpu usage you're reporting. and trust me, i believe you when you say it is on yours; i'm just trying to understand why here.

i dont know what 'spidering' is, but i do know what a loop is and this seems very odd behavior. perhaps another work-around would be to simply remove various unnecessary drives out of your browse menu in psp?

at any rate, good find.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-29-2007, 02:06 AM

I think the reason My Computer doesn't cause the problem, is because it isn't a shortcut. Try right clicking on My Computer from your start menu and select 'Properties', you'll see no path information pops up, just the usual computer configuration options. My Computer does not expand either, it just opens up explorer.

However when you add drives in Vista on the Start Menu, it expands to a sub level containing short cuts to drives.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-01-2007, 11:19 PM

ah, ok. interesting to know.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-03-2008, 04:12 PM

Found this thread by searching Google for "paint shop pro cpu usage". I'm running PSP XI (v11.20) & have the same ~50% CPU usage problem when the system is idle.

Just wanted to say that westguard appears to be right. I had created directory shortcuts under My Documents that I imagine caused the same type of recursion. The way I "fixed" it was to go into Preferences for Organizer & exclude the folder with my shortcuts. Later, since I never use Organizer & am rather disgusted by this bug, I decided to exclude my entire C drive. Now PSP boots up quick & the PSP CPU usage is 0% when idle. Thanks westguard!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software