RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Animation using Photoshop layers

Old 10-10-2006, 10:23 AM

Red face Re: Animation using Photoshop layers

Open your layered file in Photoshop (CS2). At the bottom of the tool box click on "jump to Image Ready". In Image Ready open the animation pallet, Window>animation.

Click the visability icons on your layers to determine what will show in your first frame. Click the "new layers" icon to add another frame and change the view either by clicking the visability of the layers or moving selection with move tool. Continue to add more frames as above.

Click on the drop down at the bottom of each frame to select how long each frame will be viewed.

Click on the drop down at the bottom left of the animation pallet to select playing options, forever is the default.

Click the play arrow button on the bottom of the pallet to see how your animation looks. Click the stop button to make it stop

To save as a GIF file, File>Save Optimized
To save as a flash file, File>Export>Macromedia Flash
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Janitor

Re: Animation using Photoshop layers

My image size (unanimated) is 90mb and my first attempt at using Photoshop's builtin animation resulted in locking up my entire system (I had to reboot). This was for a 10 second test with about 6 frames per second (final will be several minutes).

The animation is really just layers sliding over each other, so I wonder if there's not a way to input the beginning and ending point of each layer and how long I want it to take?
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-10-2006, 10:40 AM

If you can make the animation more simple by creating 2 frames and "tweening" them. Select both frames. Select one and then shift click the other. then click the tweening icon at the bottom of the pallet. It looks like OOOOO (sort of). then you can choose how many frames you want added inbetween the first and last

if you want to save it as macromedia flash you have to do it in image ready
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2006, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Nelson
My image size (unanimated) is 90mb and my first attempt at using Photoshop's builtin animation resulted in locking up my entire system (I had to reboot). This was for a 10 second test with about 6 frames per second (final will be several minutes).

The animation is really just layers sliding over each other, so I wonder if there's not a way to input the beginning and ending point of each layer and how long I want it to take?
Hello Doug,

how many layers are you using here, it sounds to me like you are using too high dpi for your images, as this isn't print but screen display, you only need 72 dpi and your resulution couldn't be that great, well unless you are on a 9mbpixel screen ;-))

I was going to suggest Russell Browns site too, but someone beat me to it

good luck

Henrik
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software