RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Invalid jpeg marker - Need help!!!

Old 12-03-2006, 06:08 PM

Re: Invalid jpeg marker - Need help!!!

hi,
gwspro (grapicworkshop pro)
It's similar to erfanview only better in my opinion.. very highly rated, it's a graphicviewer/conversion program... which I also use as a file manager. it has a ton of bells and whistles... when it comes to graphic viewing it's very forgiving on the format of the graphics for example it can handle a lot of the different flavors with tiff and jpg ... in addition... when there a doubt about what the format of a graphic is it has feature that actually looks inside to determine what file is and then save the file in it proper format...

for more info on what it does and screen shots go to alchemymindworks.com

you may want to download the demo and see if it usefull for what you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lopes
What is "gwspro"?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Patron

Graphics programs like Photoshop can be a bit touchy if even so much as a single bit of file data is amiss. Have you tried to open with something like Internet Explorer? In contrast IE is very forgiving of suspect files.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Patron

Hmmm...well IE will open them at least. I s'pose you could open and save copies of them all in IE and then see what you can salvage from there. Geez... I am cringing for ya mate...ouch! What a shame
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ouch.jpg (97.8 KB, 17 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Patron

And my copy of PhotoshopCS2 seems to be somewhat obliging with your jpegs as well. I'm not doing much today so I'll see if I can have any more joy with your images... ya never know...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hmmm.jpg (99.8 KB, 17 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2006, 10:37 AM

Hi
I have this problem sometimes during the course of my work. Normally when images have been copied to a cd or dvd then back onto the system. We use apple macs and we get this same error on the odd image, photoshop won't open it by any method. The way we get round it is to open it in "preview" (part of OSX) then save it back down on the desktop. this seems to work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2007, 12:41 PM

I have teh exact same problem and tried all of the above... I lost 700 pictures of my family since the spring... If anyone can help I would be very much appreciative. My memory card that had the originals completely crashed after i took the pics off, now it wont even reformat in the camera.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2007, 02:23 PM

hi Fenton,
you might want to look at this freeware program it designed to look into various memory sticks and recover certain graphic file formats....
http://www.z-a-recovery.com/digital-image-recovery.htm

this link does address memory sticks but it put more enphases on hard drive and cdroms... http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton
I have teh exact same problem and tried all of the above... I lost 700 pictures of my family since the spring... If anyone can help I would be very much appreciative. My memory card that had the originals completely crashed after i took the pics off, now it wont even reformat in the camera.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-03-2007, 11:16 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

Lightbulb Re: Invalid jpeg marker - Need help!!!

I work in high ed and occassionally see students with this problem. No telling what combo of cameras/cards and home computers they use before they get to our Macs.

I had a bad time with the error as well when I would regularly optimize the external FireWire drive I have images stored on (I also have CD backups; I use the FW for organizing and easy access). I stopped doing the optimizations of that volume and haven't seen the problem since. I think it has something to do with the image header getting chopped or scrambled. If you can access that info and repair it (somehow?), perhaps it would work.

Also on the Mac, I have seen GraphicConverter open parts of corrupt images that PS wouldn't touch.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-06-2009, 05:52 PM

The same problem here. Before I reinstalled the windows xp, I copied all my photos to a cd and to a pen driver, however I didnt copy the Thumbs.db files. Im not sure if that is the reason, but since then NEARLY ALL PHOTOS (JPG AND RAW FILES - NEF AND CRW) got corrupted. I´ve tried to open them on the computers from work (Windows and Mac) I´ve tried recover file software, many graphic preview software – without success. Photoshop wont recognise any of the files. The windows and Fax Preview says there is no preview available. The file size is over 1MB (average) but the dimensions are 0x0. The photos saved onto my computer after the reinstallation are fine. If anyone knows how to recover my photos please let me know.

Many thanks,
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-02-2010, 01:19 PM

Wink Re: Invalid jpeg marker - Need help!!!

Hi Folks,

I just now found a solution for this with my colleague (tulsi). Only 2 steps will solve this problem.

Step1: Just right click on image and open with firefox

Stpe2: when the image open in browser, just save as png.

PROBLEM SOLVED

Say bye bye to Invalid Jpeg marker, have a great day.

Harsha.Gopal.Kakkeri
Designer
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software