RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Creating Editable PDFs

Old 02-07-2007, 03:46 AM

Creating Editable PDFs

I have a new client and she asked me to design to window posters that she intends to get printed - but she also wanted to be able to edit the images and text (but not the layout and design) As she has photoshop, I suggested PSD as a format that could be edited by her and acceptable to printers and I could lock the layers that she didnt want to be able to change. So she agreed but when I sent her the finished file she decided that editing it in photoshop was far too difficult for her.(probably due to the large size needed for print quality)
So then I converted the documents into pdf and sent those - which she then converted to word and cant edit the text or pictures. I've tried 5 different pdf editors and I cant edit them either. How can I create a pdf in photoshop that can be edited?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-07-2007, 07:06 AM
Janitor

Re: Creating Editable PDFs

There are a couple of freeware apps listed here that claim to be able to edit existing PDF files. However, if Photoshop stymied your client, these probably will as well.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/index...e_PDF_Creators

You might just want to quote her a price for editing the text in the future ($10 a pop sounds about right to me, not bad for a couple of minutes work, and fair to her as well).
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-07-2007, 07:39 AM

Re: Creating Editable PDFs

I've tried a lot of those editors already and although they can highlight the text, they cant edit it, for some reason. I dont know why but it just wont edit.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software