RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Update to CS2 from Elements

Old 02-08-2007, 09:09 AM

Update to CS2 from Elements

I do not remember if this has been posted here, but one can update from Elements to CS2 for $299.00

http://direct.adobe.com/v?xJcPvnqEqTPPcvn
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2007, 02:54 PM

Re: Update to CS2 from Elements

mike,

this is NOT a valid offer. after making three calls to adobe and trying to order it online a few times, i finally got a guy at adobe that told me this is NOT a current valid offer. the web pages, i was told, are basically a place holder for when adobe does offer this sort of thing, but it's currently NOT valid.

i'll leave this thread open for one response from yourself and then i'll close it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2007, 03:34 PM

I read your post, then called the 800 number listed on the bottom of that page and was assured that it was a real offer, the lady was ready to take my CC number and send the product to me right away.

She was on button 3.

So I am not sure where you got to????

Anyone else tried it?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2007, 10:23 AM

mike,

i asked the last guy i talked to at adobe that same question, 'what if i just called back the first number i called and went ahead and ordered it like they thought i could?'. his answer was that as soon as they put in the order numbers that it would show them that the offer isnt currently valid.

now, all i'm doing is reporting what was said to me. obviously, we've got a case here of adobe's right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. so, i dont know which person was correct. maybe the guy i talked to last has it wrong.

what i did was follow your link. from there i went to sign up for the thing and entered my valid Elements serial number. when i hit 'add to cart' it said the serial number was invalid. i tried this with and without the dashes and each time it came up as invalid. so, i called the customer service number listed on the web page. i got a guy who asked me if i wanted to order it by phone (which would take a couple weeks to ship) or if i wanted to debug the online ordering (which would get me a downloaded version i could use right away) and i told him let's debug it. so, he transferred my call to someone else.

the person i got transferred to said it wouldnt work unless i had an adobe account. so, i had her set up an adobe account for me. she also verified that my serial number was valid. she then said that it shld now work, that i could go ahead and use the web pages to order.

so, i killed the open browsers and tried again. i still got 'invalid' and kept trying variations to see if it wasnt something i was doing wrong. finally, after a few tries, i got another error message saying that i had exceeded the number of allowed attempts and that i would now have to call adobe. but, this was a different phone number from the first one i called. and, that's where i got the guy who said that this wasnt a valid offer currently.

i seem to recall him saying also that that offer ended in november. that confused me as the web pages say the offer runs through the end of february. actually, one page says feb 25th and another says feb 28th. and that's where he started explaining about this being a 'placeholder' web page(s).

so, once it kind of sunk into my head that this wasnt a current offer, i asked him if adobe did have any current deals they were offering. he said they do have one running right now involving a wacom tablet and some other program, i think cs2, but it might have been elements. i also asked him about educational versions and they always have that one running... quite a good price too; i think the educational version was only $199.

so, had you actually gone ahead and placed the order, this last guy at adobe said it wouldnt have worked. i dont know who's right and certainly not saying you're wrong. but, the data of not being able to order online with a confirmed valid serial number and that the web pages give two different expiration dates and the data i got from the last guy i talked to, indicates that this probably isnt a current valid offer, however.

but, i'll leave this thread open in case someone else has any additional data.

and i do appreciate you posting this here. i'm always interested in good deals like this. i am in the market for photoshop. i just dont want to pay $650 for it
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2007, 11:10 AM

Mike--- I received the same offer from Adobe.

Craig --- Did you check the fine print-----only certain versions qualify for the upgrade.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2007, 01:02 PM

Well, I was really trying to help

Was hoping that someone would have ordered one and it worked, but guess not.

What I really do not understand is the idea of a "placeholder web page". One would think that with all the folks they have at adobe, someone would have maybe named it "under construction" or something. Then to put an offer like this on it???????

I got that off another site, guess I will go back there and see if anyone has been able to make it work.....
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2007, 01:32 PM

peteyb,

i have elements 4 bundled with premiere elements 2, which does qualify according to the fine print.

as for why they do this, i didnt catch all of what the guy said about this. there was something about a mass emailing and then changes...and i just didnt quite get all of it. the whole 'placeholder' thing had to do with something like 'why re-write the web page when you're going to make the offer again. we simply move the pages to a new address that nobody knows but from the old emails folks still have the links and then end up going to that new page'... or something similar to that. i know that doesnt make complete sense, but it was along those lines. i even tried to pin him down to when the offer might come up again, and all he said was that this is normally the type of thing they offer in the fall for the before christmas stuff.

i suppose the smart thing for me to do would be to just go to the normal adobe customer service, push 3 on your phone keypad, and try to put the order through and see what happens. that would verify it one way or the other.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2007, 02:06 PM

well, i gave it another shot, mike. i called adobe, just the regular number and talked to 'eric'. i shld have my copy in 5 to 7 working business days. i have an order number and whole ball of wax. so, i dont know if i'm going to get a call back saying 'oops' or if i'll actually get it, but we'll see

so, at least one thing that last guy i talked to the other day said was wrong. he said that when the guy placing the order at adobe punched in the numbers that it would tell him it wasnt a valid offer now and that didnt happen. so, maybe it is valid after all and that other guy was all wet. like i say, we'll see
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2007, 02:09 PM

oh, and i also asked him, the most recent guy, that if CS3 came out tomorrow, would i be charged to upgrade to CS3 from CS2, and he said not if it was in a reasonable amount of time. it would be a free upgrade if done within two or three months... he wasnt sure of the exact amount of time. the guy the other day said it would be 90 days. so, if cs3 comes out by roughly may 10th, i can get the upgrade from cs2 to cs3 free.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-12-2007, 01:16 PM

mike,

one additional bit of data on this. the guy i ordered from said that i would be sent a confirmation email after the order. that it would get here within 5 minutes to an hour. still havent received that.

so, i'm starting to wonder if the thing was really processed or not.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software