Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

[FPS] Amphisoft Xylograph LE (PC only)

Old 02-27-2007, 10:54 AM
[FPS] Amphisoft Xylograph LE (PC only)

I *really* like the effects Xylograph LE can render, especially when applied to faces. Layers rendered using different settings can be combined with blend modes or layer masks.

Since the output is black and white, layers can be used as the basis for saved selections or, when either the black or white sections are "knocked out," one can apply Layer Styles.

The "pro" version (more options, controls) is available in the (not free) Plugin Pack collection ( It was used by Lyle in the 3rd post in this thread. The LE edition could be used to achieve comparable results.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Xylograph LE Blonde great pose 4-up.jpg (94.8 KB, 37 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2007, 05:11 AM
Re: [FPS] Amphisoft Xylograph LE (PC only)

Thanks for the review; I'd like to make small addition regarding "comparable results".

In most cases, extra controls of "full" version may be replicated by pre/post processing the image before/after running LE version; in these cases such an extra features normally work as time savers, allowing one to get instant preview and removing guesswork involved due to pre/post processing.

One feature, specifically, is different on that matter: "full" version offer specific facility for "seamless" processing. That is, if the starting image was seamless pattern, the resulting image will be seamless pattern too. I presonally liked the effect (for "money" type of backrounds), that's why I added it. Enabling "Wrap around" option of full version takes one mouse click, but it affects so many internal features, from smoothing to lines stepping and angles, that it would be extremely difficult to emulate it with LE version.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software