RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

[FPS] Paint Engine (Win only)

Old 04-24-2007, 04:18 PM

Re: [FPS] Paint Engine (Win only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg S. View Post
I know what you mean, I don't like to spend a lot on something like this myself.
Well, whatever you charge, I hope the introductory price is in my range.

Also, just a couple of things. When I first tried to install the plugin it was taking so long I canceled the install. Then I turned off all my external hard drives so it would not search them for places to install. I don't know to what extent other plugin install programs search, but I've never noticed this problem before.

The other thing is an undo would be very nice, in case one goes too far with the random button and wants to back up. And zoom would be nice, even though the 100% view you have is the most accurate.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2007, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Hi, I'm Greg S., the guy who wrote PE, (Hi Ilyich!).
Wow, Greg, I'm extremely happy to see you back! Frankly, I doubted it will ever happen. What a great news!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew B. View Post
Well, whatever you charge, I hope the introductory price is in my range.

Also, just a couple of things. When I first tried to install the plugin it was taking so long I canceled the install. Then I turned off all my external hard drives so it would not search them for places to install. I don't know to what extent other plugin install programs search, but I've never noticed this problem before.

The other thing is an undo would be very nice, in case one goes too far with the random button and wants to back up. And zoom would be nice, even though the 100% view you have is the most accurate.
yeah, I need to do more work on the installer. It searches the hard drives for host apps, and sometimes it seems to stick on some directories... also needs more user options on where to search.

looking at an undo function as well, lots of other stuff. currently working on a range slider for params that vary over the course of the stroke application.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2007, 02:03 PM

Smile Re: [FPS] Paint Engine (Win only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I. V. Razmanov View Post
Wow, Greg, I'm extremely happy to see you back! Frankly, I doubted it will ever happen. What a great news!
good to hear from you Ilyich! I wasn't sure if I'd ever make it back either
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-02-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
currently working on a range slider for params that vary over the course of the stroke application.
Sounds like a good feature.

I thought of a couple more things. Hope you don't mind.

The first is a way to test all the brushes from within the demo. For example, I notice on your website a screenshot that uses the Pixel Media Brush. It looks like a brush someone who does photoart would like, but if they don't test it, the test drive becomes less impressive.

The second is the ability to turn the preview on a off. Maybe a check box. And/or have the clicking on the preview window work like most other programs. Click and hold turns off the preview. Releasing the button lets it turn on again.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-04-2007, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew B. View Post
Sounds like a good feature.

I thought of a couple more things. Hope you don't mind.

The first is a way to test all the brushes from within the demo. For example, I notice on your website a screenshot that uses the Pixel Media Brush. It looks like a brush someone who does photoart would like, but if they don't test it, the test drive becomes less impressive.

The second is the ability to turn the preview on a off. Maybe a check box. And/or have the clicking on the preview window work like most other programs. Click and hold turns off the preview. Releasing the button lets it turn on again.
Thanks Andrew, I'll look into that.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Patron

A few weeks ago, I downloaded the new beta. Really like what I'm seeing and still waiting of the full release Greg.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2008, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkroll View Post
A few weeks ago, I downloaded the new beta. Really like what I'm seeing and still waiting of the full release Greg.
Not sure what you are looking at. What I see is ImpressionFX 5 Pack Demo Installer Download, which seems to just demo some of the brush effects.

Frankly, demo that was up there when I first saw it seemed like it had enough feature for release. It already seemed to do more than Paint Engine, had a larger preview, and could use PE presets. Seemed great for a version 1.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software