Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Painter 10 - if you're buying check this out

Old 02-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Painter 10 - if you're buying check this out

Many software companies provide Academic editions of their products in addition to the retail boxed editions.

Corel is one of them - and Painter 10 is available.

Academic editions, in my observations, are generally the same as the full boxed editions in terms of functionality - but may be missing some extras - manuals, for example. However, for a popular software title there are often enough resources available thru the www -or- thru 3rd party books -or- thru the very helpful forums - to make up for a missing manual (for whoever likes to read these things)

The cost is often significantly smaller that you can afford some of the pricey books and still come out ahead.

The "catch" is that to qualify for an Academic edition you must have some qualifications such as being a teacher or student - sometimes being the parent of a student will qualify you.

This page give the info about price and qualifications at Corel for Painter

This is the address at Amazon - but it currently appears to be unavailable

You can also check out this site (slow right now)

A couple of extra bucks in the pocket is always good

Bob Mc
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Re: Painter 10 - if you're buying check this out

What has been the experience with others who have bought the educational version. I bought an educational version only to find I didn't have the serial code to load the program. To get the code I had to show proof that I was a studdent or employed in education. Fortunately my wife is a teacher and I was able to acquire the code with her ID.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Re: Painter 10 - if you're buying check this out

From what I understand at the time of purchase you have to prove you are a student or a teacher I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software