RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Photoshop CS3 - Shipping Today!

Old 04-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Patron

Photoshop CS3 - Shipping Today!

Also rec'd my link for the purchase of the downloaded version. Fired it up and it works fine. The only disappointment is that the production version still uses that totally lame and unimpressive PS splash screen of the beta version.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2007, 10:17 AM

Re: Photoshop CS3 - Shipping Today!

I really like the plane icon. If you have the entire CS package it sure is a heck of a lot easier spotting the right program in the dock (or task bar) than trying to remember a feather, a flower or what ever.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Patron

No doubut it will grow on me over time, just seems a little to plain. They could have left the letters PS but jazzed them up a little with some layer styles and colors. If it gets too boring, just crtl + alt + About Photoshop and you can see the alternate splash screen "Red Pill".
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-19-2007, 07:30 PM

Got my dvd copy in the mail today -- never had so much trouble installing a new version, (it would load all the other Components - get to the 96% done point and then tell me that the CS3 PS installation had failed -- this all took a long time and then I tried a re-install after rebooting which also failed) but finally after doing many of the things listed in the Troubleshooting Guide, it worked just fine. It may have been my (Old) BlackViper Windows settings (affecting Services), but I turned off the internet, turned off Zone Alarm and AVG, removed all the loaded CS3 components using the CS3 disk (they wouldn't remove under Add/Remove programs), and copied the CS3 folder to my desktop before trying the 3rd install in 3 hours -- it worked that time, got it activated and registered. Yippee!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-19-2007, 08:47 PM

I'm anxiously awaiting my copy. Hopefully, most of the bugs in the beta are worked out.

Just checked and it shows expected delivery 4/23!

I came home for lunch & it's here - hopefully will have time tonight to install it.

Last edited by D Thompson; 04-20-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-21-2007, 03:00 PM

Gee, I was just going to order, but saw some other threads from people getting it for $155.42, with a special order code. The code doesn't work anymore. T's me off alittle. All I got was an email that it was ready to order, no special codes. (I'm a registered CS2 person and a CS 3 beta user!!) So now that I'm upset, guess I won't order it. Hopefully another special promo will come along and I'll find out about it sooner. I hate it when manufacturers to that. Oh well.....
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-24-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Swartz View Post
Got my dvd copy in the mail today -- never had so much trouble installing a new version, (it would load all the other Components - get to the 96% done point and then tell me that the CS3 PS installation had failed -- this all took a long time and then I tried a re-install after rebooting which also failed) but finally after doing many of the things listed in the Troubleshooting Guide, it worked just fine. It may have been my (Old) BlackViper Windows settings (affecting Services), but I turned off the internet, turned off Zone Alarm and AVG, removed all the loaded CS3 components using the CS3 disk (they wouldn't remove under Add/Remove programs), and copied the CS3 folder to my desktop before trying the 3rd install in 3 hours -- it worked that time, got it activated and registered. Yippee!
The culprit was ZoneAlarm. Anyone running ZoneAlarm must turn it off during the install. There's a Knowledge Base item about that at adobe.com.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software