RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Speeding Up Photoshop - Ideas and suggestions

Old 05-08-2007, 09:59 PM

Speeding Up Photoshop - Ideas and suggestions

I know a lot of us here are using photoshop so I just want to share this with you...these might help.

To optimize the performance of Photoshop, you should consider these things. This work best for me and you might consider trying these tips.

*You need to have a higher capacity of Memory
*Tons of RAM
*Try to set up a scratch disk
*Fast Processor
*By customizing your system so it runs efficiently, you can increase the amount of memory available to applications.
*Disable plug-ins that are not in use
*Switch off the thumbnail previews in the tool palettes never looks at these anyway and, if you name them accurately, you will not need to look at the preview either. This saves memory and processor power each time you add and update a layer.
*Keep your 5000+ fonts anywhere but in your font folder
*You can minimize the size of your files by reducing their resolution, Increasing the resolution of an image does not always improve the quality of the image, but may instead only increase its file size.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-11-2007, 07:04 AM

Re: speeding up PS

Disabling plugins that are not in use will not change much. When they are not in use, they are not loaded and do not take resources. Also, due to PS plugin info caching, they do not increase PS load time much after the first time they were found by PS.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-11-2007, 11:31 AM

Re: Speeding Up Photoshop - Ideas and suggestions

For those who play actions, especially in batch, choose Playback options... from the Actions Palette Menu and make sure option "Accelerated" is in effect.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-11-2007, 11:51 AM

hi,
another thing and it effect your whole system and photoshop and that is keeping your system "lean and mean"

1. disabling all needless programs that startup at windows boot, will free up some of that precious ram and also allow your cpu to work faster... ie; system boots up faster, programs are faster,, photoshop is faster...!!

2. doing defrag helps in many ways especially if you do a lot of large files, making your system more efficient...

3. and doing large project i have found turning of the virus scanners temporily helps a lot... smile....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchilly View Post
I know a lot of us here are using photoshop so I just want to share this with you...these might help.

To optimize the performance of Photoshop, you should consider these things. This work best for me and you might consider trying these tips.

*You need to have a higher capacity of Memory
*Tons of RAM
*Try to set up a scratch disk
*Fast Processor
*By customizing your system so it runs efficiently, you can increase the amount of memory available to applications.
*Disable plug-ins that are not in use
*Switch off the thumbnail previews in the tool palettes never looks at these anyway and, if you name them accurately, you will not need to look at the preview either. This saves memory and processor power each time you add and update a layer.
*Keep your 5000+ fonts anywhere but in your font folder
*You can minimize the size of your files by reducing their resolution, Increasing the resolution of an image does not always improve the quality of the image, but may instead only increase its file size.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-14-2007, 11:33 PM

yeah I agree that too...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software