Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Stick with Photoshop 6 or switch to CS3?

Old 06-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Re: Stick with Photoshop 6 or switch to CS3?

Danny did make a good point when he mentions the computer issues.

What your indicating for components are very marginal with current applications and file sizes when working with RAW and dozens of adjustment layers. Just as an example, my main computer has a 3.2 Ghz processor and
4GB of RAM. With all of the stuff running in the background and the OS, I'm using 1.7GB for that alone. You'll need to allocate enough memory for the files your working with so that you don't have to keep using 'scratch disc'.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Re: Stick with Photoshop 6 or switch to CS3?

Obviously CS3 needs a lot more box than PS 6. If you don't have a really high end box, then it's not going to work. That aside, I've been running PS 6 for a few years on my home box along with Photo Elements 2.0 for the liquify filter which PS 6 has got and is a must for retouching. At work I'm usually on MAC boxes. I loved PS 7, but CS 1 and CS 2 didn't seem like great leaps forward and I hate their stupid eye candy. Not to mention OS X has a half second GUI lag that drives me crazy on larger images.

See if you can get a copy of PS 7 or use PS 6 with Photo Elements 2.0 or better. That should work well for years. RAW filters can gotten as add-ons.

Good luck

P.S, Has anyone got any experience with Pixel (
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software