RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Deep Paint Doldrums & Fleeing Files

Old 07-11-2007, 02:11 AM

Deep Paint Doldrums & Fleeing Files

We've all had at least one of those moments, you know, where you say "I have no idea what happened, it was working just fine yesterday", usually followed up with "Well, it couldn't have been anything I did".....rrrriiiiiight Well, here's my latest: some of my preset files from Deep Paint (free) seem to have taken a hike, and no amount of fiddling with the brush settings brings them back (I don't know what happened, they were working fine two days ago, and it wasn't anything I did - must have been the cat...again) They are; from Samples, Sticks is MIA and from Texture, firestorm, blue-green marble, and zipper (which is my favorite and gets used the most it seems). They show up on the list of presets, but nothing shows in the preview window or on canvas, well, the zipper has an outline, but thats it.

Is there any way, or where, to get these without having to un/reinstall from scratch? I have only had my computer for the last six months, with no prior PC experience (using Windows XPPro). I'm a little hinky about reinstallation - lets just say i've had some bad experiences, especially since I just installed PSElements 4 last week, and don't want to upset this particular apple cart unless I have to.

On a side note - been watching this forum for a few weeks and its where i learned about the impressionist plug-in. I was soooo happy to discover that it could be used in PSElements - thanks for the heads up!

Anyway, i hope this is the right place to ask this. Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

Cheers,
Hamstergirl

Last edited by hamstergirl; 07-11-2007 at 03:55 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2007, 05:00 PM

Re: Deep Paint Doldrums & Fleeing Files

Have only barely tinkered with Deep Paint, so I don't have any silver bullets of knowledge to help you out...

Are these preset files ones that came installed with DP or ones you created? If the former, I would not have any qualms about an uninstall/reinstall. I'd be interested to know why you would be hesitant about that that approach. Did you get burned and now you're a little (a lot) gunshy?

Glad Impressionist is working for you. It's definitely my favorite toy. Might be that you could run it from DP (does DP have a Filter menu?), but that's a discussion for another day.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2007, 03:59 AM

Hi Danny,
Guess what? Found 'em.....my missing files had the nerve to take a walk and visit friends in another folder.....i have a bad habit of working when i should be sleeping - combine that with a wacom and you got a recipe for disaster.

Me, gunshy? Oh yeah, you got my number. Now this is really embarrassing, but a couple months back, I installed PSElements 3 and immediately, for whatever reasons uninstalled it. Okay, but to my horror, I discovered that I had somehow lost my CD-Rom drive! It was nowhere on the menu - when I started breathing again, I tried System Restore which, thankfully, fixed things...so there you have it. Do you know about a website called GiveAway of the Day? They give a free program away every day, for 24 hours. Its pretty cool, and I've learned a lot from reading their forums (and they're great entertainment too!), but some of these people just download and install anything offered without even knowing what the program is for and then they wonder why they're having all these problems...it seems to me that some of them have their systems so jacked that its their own fault things go haywire. The combination of the above has made me very conservative with what i do on my computer. I have been teaching myself these past six months, and don't have anyone to help me out when i screw things up - which i obviously do, but at least now, every so often, I can actually fix something!

Somehow, I managed to get Impressionist working in Deep Paint! I was sooo happy. I had also installed Harry's Filters and Paint Engine, but the Photoshop Plug-In has messed things up a bit. I installed the Plug-In Galaxy, or tried to, and of course, it won't work right and its fouled up some of the filters from Paint Engine, so a reinstall might be in order after all.

Sorry to ramble on, but I just wanted to thank you for getting back to me This is a great forum you guys have here, and I'm sure i'll be spending a good portion of my time reading the posts!

Cheers,
Hamstergirl

Last edited by hamstergirl; 07-18-2007 at 04:04 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2007, 12:47 PM

Excellent...

Yeah, this computer thing is packed with a lot of "learning opportunities." I'm stumbled too many times to count, frequently when I should probably be asleeping, not stairing at a computer screen. Fortunately there are forums like this one to raise the white flag or report successes like yours.

Glad you got past all the roadblocks. Well done. Keep havin' fun!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software