Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

What's plugins impress you most?

Old 03-26-2002, 05:43 PM
Mini Review:
I downloaded the two plugins by Applied Science Fiction, Digital SHO and Digital ROC.

The demo on their website is quite impressive, however, I couldn't get the plugin to duplicate their results. I even took a screen shot of their demo photos, and couldn't get them to come out like their "demo" either.

All in all, I was more impressed by their demo results than the actual plugins.
I was able to duplicate the Digital SHO plugin results by some simple Photoshop techniques, so I wouldn't recommend anyone rushing out for that one.

However, the Digital ROC was a bit better, but not remarkably. It was able make some impressive corrections, but it wasn't able to match the ability of their demo - again. I also thought that it added an "overlay" sort of darkness to the photo that I didn't care for.

I ran these plugins on my system, and compared notes with my sister, who ran them on her system. We both got the same results. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else who has tried these.

If anyone is interested, I've made up a tutorial that mimicks the Digital SHO plugin. It's at

Last edited by Vikki; 04-05-2002 at 07:29 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-26-2002, 06:00 PM
I haven't tried them but it would seem this is another one where the examples on the site were a bit exagerated. I think your results are better than their plugin. Guess Richard is right about some plug ins packing $5 worth of software in a $30 package. Thanks for giving it a try and telling us about it.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software