RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

I need photoshop cd Please

Old 08-25-2007, 02:05 PM

Lightbulb I need photoshop cd Please

I am just starting in photoshop and i would like to see if anyone has a cd of photoshop that they are not using that I can get or borrow to put on my computer. I am a mother of 4 and I do not have alot of money that is why I am asking.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2007, 02:10 PM

Re: I need photoshop cd Please

If you do have anything please email me directly at Mickey92306@aol.com
thank you
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2007, 03:29 PM

Mickey, The Retouch Pro forum is not a place to "obtain" free or "borrowed" software. I take offense to your even asking.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2007, 03:36 PM

I am sorry I only have dial up. dsl is not offered in my area and I tried to download the free trial and after 8 hours it threw errors and I could not load it. I was hoping that someone could understand my problem. but I guess this is the wrong place to get help. when you have no where else to turn. I got a digital camera from ebay notback but t was 28 dollare with shipping and all. I can not afford alot with 4 teen girls and one salary. I am sorry that I even asked. but I wish for once someone would stop and look at it from anothers point of veiw and ask questions instead of assuming. I was hoping for a miracle. and all i got was an angry person thinking that I am an ass.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2007, 03:38 PM

All I wanted is to learn something new and maybe learn to take better pictures of my kids. I did not ask for any other reason
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Patron

Mickey, it sounds like Photoshop Elements might suit your needs as right now. Elements is a stripped down version of the full blown Photoshop. It does not have some of the advanced features which are used by graphics professionals, professional printers, etc. Instead of costing $600, Elements is just under $100.
In case that you are not aware, Adobe is very protective of the full version of Photoshop. License numbers are tracked to owners and it is every owner of PS after version 7 must get an activation code from Adobe before they can use the program on their computer. The same serial number can not be activated on more than one user's computer (and laptop). Sharing the same license violates agreements that users must sign when PS is installed.

That being said, there are many users of the full version of PS who have purchased scanners and digital cameras which came with a free copy of Photoshop Elements. These users may have no use at all for Elements and might be willing to give you their CD.

Here is a link to the Adobe User to User Forum for Photoshop where beginners and power users assist each other with PS issues, problems, and discussions. If you post a request there, you might find some users who are in a position to help you out or provide you with some suggestions.
Good Luck, Murray

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/w...0SHC5@.ee6b366
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2007, 05:12 PM

As a dial up user myself I am sympathetic to your problems downloading trial software.

However as Murray rightly says, using a version of Photoshop on multiple computers without a multi user license is an offence under law, and Adobe could rightly prosecute you if you were to use a version licensed to someone else. Also they too would be liable for the offense.

We do appreciate your problem, and your reasons for asking, but we cannot condone software piracy, which is in fact what you are asking someone to help you perform. Hence Swampy's reply.

I suggest you seek advice and help on the Adobe forum that Murray has provided a link for, or try to purchase software that is within your budget.

Good luck.

Last edited by Gary Richardson; 08-25-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2007, 05:40 PM

really I thought that the elements where an add on?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2007, 07:17 PM
Patron

Elements has a rich feature set with most of the Photoshop technology built in. Please check it out at Adobe.com.
The latest version is Photoshop Elements 5.0 and is available as a free trial from Adobe:
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Patron

I feel your pain Mickey. Though quite a large download, I originally downloaded GIMP (both 1.2x and then 2.x) via dialup and both were worth the wait. The software has its critiques, but I've been using this software for over 5 years now (been in existance for over 10) and can tell you that it's quite powerful and, most importantly, free. Still, for something that may be more user friendly, Wal-Mart sells PSE for a very reasonable price. But still, you can't beat free.

http://www.gimp.org (just pick your OS flavor).
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software