RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Imagenomic Portraiture plugin

Old 10-21-2007, 11:02 AM

Re: Imagenomic Portraiture plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewMarshall View Post
So the real; question is what is Dennis goal? what would he be using the filters on. mom and pop images or for a magazine and billboards, ect.???
I guess my goal would be to the "mom & pop" images as nothing I work on is likely to hit a magazine or billboard. Prints up to 11x14, mostly 8x10 with the occasional larger. I retouch the portraits I shoot as well as do some retouching for a couple of photogs that I know who have no interest in doing the retouches themselves.

I think I'll play with the demo a little more. Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-09-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldemar View Post
I used Portraiture on these images I attach so you can judge yourself how pro or not they look.

Regards - Waldemar
i would like to see the difference between the before and after.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleChuckie View Post
i would like to see the difference between the before and after.
I have this plugin and i can show you some, but my shots are so normal and not that much interesting, so i hope someone else can show you, otherwise send me or post one shot of a portrait then i can show you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-28-2009, 04:50 AM

Isn't it a matter of how much time you have at your hands? The portraiture plug-in is great for quick-and-dirty face jobs, especially if you do it on a separate layer and turn down opacity. The demos on their website is, for my eyes anyway, awful in their "plastic fantistic" look, less is more have never been so true. But as Mr Matthews states, it's better in the long turn to learn to do it "the right way" without a plug-in. Some models like the "plastic fantastic" look, and there you are - the perfect addon
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-28-2009, 09:35 AM

I am not a professional. I do some work for others, but not in a professional venue. I found that Portrait Professional works rather well for me. Still needs some tweaking and an eye for overdoiing it. It is not a plug in, and it is much cheaper. There are level bars to help adjust the automatic rendering.
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/...FRxNagodnRRiNQ

Altogether, while I use this software, something nags at me for "changing" people's looks. Adjusting lighting, shadows, and covering blemishes and scars is one thing, but this software changes jaw line, space between eyes, etc. It feels like creating artificial people, as if the real person were inferior. Just me I guess!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-06-2010, 12:45 AM

Two of you guys mention in this thread about doing it the right way with photoshop...but where do you learn how to do it?
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2010, 05:35 AM

It's a great plugin, saves thousand of hours. For batch of pictures is perfect. Now, if you're looking for the high-end look, forget using Portraiture, it doesn't work. But for the other stuff is perfect. You should keep in mind that disqualifying opinions about X usually means that the person cannot understood X. I mean, it's not the plugin, but the user who doesn't know how to use the plugin.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2010, 04:08 PM

I agree with Quantum..the plug in is great for quick turn around work. Take wedding photos...how much time are you going to spend on 100 wedding shots the bride chooses? All she want is for the picture to look good...most people have no concept of smudge skin, plastic skin or skin with texture...they just know what they like and see. I'd rather see you spend the money on the plug in vs some of the high priced training DVD's being peddled on the forum and in that case there is only one worth buying for high end results. Higher end methods can be learned by reading this forum and taking some of the webinar's Doug offers.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2010, 08:20 PM

The trick with portraiture (and it's the same for degrunge, split frequencies, and even D&B) is to handle the larger defects with clone/heal/patch etc. prior to use, so that any texture destruction will be minimized.

Don't portraiture to remove pimples, neck creases, stray hairs, etc - clone/heal for that. But after doing so, using Portraiture to smooth tonal and color gradations, etc. gives pretty good results.

(And naturally, by "good" I'm talking about mid-grade work (commercial portraiture, wedding, etc.) and not highend fashion/beauty, for which only pixel-level work will suffice.)

I find it faster than degrunge because it allows you to address more than one frequency range at a time.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-12-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTyrer View Post
Two of you guys mention in this thread about doing it the right way with photoshop...but where do you learn how to do it?
Well said, where do you learn how to retouch the right way in photoshop, is there any book focusing (no pun intended) on retouching the skin to get professional results ?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software