RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Imagenomic Portraiture plugin

Old 09-16-2007, 10:05 AM

Imagenomic Portraiture plugin

Has anybody used the Portraiture plugin from Imagenomic? http://www.imagenomic.com/products.aspx I'd like to know your opinion on it. The samples on the site look pretty good. I d/l the trial and didn't have near the success, but that could be just not playing with it enough.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2007, 04:03 PM

Talking Re: Imagenomic Portraiture plugin

It works great!

here is a simple before and after we did.

http://www.foreverphoto.ca/gradmain.html

There is a good amount of tweaking you can do in the paid version. Not sure how much you can do in the demo. From my point of view it was well worth the investment.

Phil
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-07-2007, 01:02 AM

Re: Imagenomic Portraiture plugin

I have it and do find it very good. You have to play with it a bit to get the same results as shown but overall I give it thumbs up.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-07-2007, 11:57 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

See this page for some of my results with it. Based on my web stats, all Imagenomic products are quite consistently popular.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-08-2007, 03:59 AM

its a waist of money. I think. You can do a better job if you just learn how to use photoshop. The effects are fake looking. They would never pass as a professional edit. If you just want to do fun stuf at home and have money to throw away then go for it. If your trying to be a professional. Then this is not a good plugin.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-10-2007, 01:40 AM

I agree with the "it can have a plastic look". I had to play with it a bit to not "overdo" the softening. While the skin can be enhance nicely with the filter it has to be used delicately.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2007, 07:51 PM

I have to disagree with MatthewMarshall. All Imagenomic plug-ins including Portraiture are by far best on the market and all the other available retouching plug- ins do not even come close.
Portraiture can be a very powerful tool in photographer's hands improving tremendously work flow of a busy photographer and it produces very professional results.
Buying best piano is not going to make you virtuoso when you do not know how to play it- it is same story with that plug-in - you have to know how to use it. You have to have an eye not to over do it.
For beginners I recommend duplicating the layer of the image -you going to work on- and use plug-in default settings. After -in Layers palette- slide opacity slider to your likings.
I used Portraiture on these images I attach so you can judge yourself how pro or not they look.

Regards - Waldemar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2390.jpg (73.2 KB, 321 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2288 copy.jpg (75.6 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2312 copy a.jpg (68.1 KB, 262 views)

Last edited by Waldemar; 10-13-2007 at 04:32 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2007, 03:42 AM

I agree with Waldemar the Portraiture plug-in is well worth the money and more and heaps of pros that I know use it and recommend it
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2007, 07:20 AM

I did download the trial version and played around, result were not bad but I have used curves on the same image and the result was much better.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-15-2007, 07:31 AM

Waldemar your images are very nice, Your a good photographer. the filter is fine for the everyday studio use. It does save time editing mom and dads kids images. But if your trying to do pro work for a mag, or major publication its just not good for that. So the real; question is what is Dennis goal? what would he be using the filters on. mom and pop images or for a magazine and billboards, ect.???
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software