RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Buzz.Simplifier 1.0 or Buzz.Pro 2.0

Old 12-09-2007, 01:03 PM

Buzz.Simplifier 1.0 or Buzz.Pro 2.0

Since the folks at http://www.fo2pix.com/ are out of business and no longer sell Buzz Simplifier or Buzz Pro 2, Does anyone have it for sale? I have downloaded Pro 2 and need a valid Authorization key, but they are no longer available.
Please contact me at allieok@cox.net if you can offer any advice or have either one of them for sale. Thanks
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Janitor

Re: Buzz.Simplifier 1.0 or Buzz.Pro 2.0

Even if they're out of business, selling or sharing software, serial numbers, or keys is still illegal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-09-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Nelson View Post
Even if they're out of business, selling or sharing software, serial numbers, or keys is still illegal.
Bummer. So I'm just up a creek, huh? Thanks
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-09-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Nelson View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware
I realize you're not a lawyer --- and don't play one on TV , but what's your opinion on the following?

A. If Allie found someone who was willing to sell or outright give her their copy of BuzzPro 2.0 and uninstall it, wouldn't that be OK?

B. How about if she were to locate someone willing to part with the CD that accompanied various graphics magazines several years ago that included a "free" Buzz Simplifier 1.0 as part of a Fo2pix promotion? The intent was to get people hooked on Simplifier 1.0 which would get them to purchase the BuzzPro 2.0, the current version at that time.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2007, 05:02 AM

Just to add to the mix I had one of those "free" cd's last year on a magazine, you had to register it with the company and then they would give you a code to use it, I gave up trying to register it after many many attempts and threw the disc away

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palms1 View Post
Just to add to the mix I had one of those "free" cd's last year on a magazine, you had to register it with the company and then they would give you a code to use it, I gave up trying to register it after many many attempts and threw the disc away

Palms
Ah... didn't know the "freebee" required registration. That makes sense, though.

Thanks for this information.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2007, 11:19 AM

Here's a suggestion that just popped into this sometimes murky brain of mine. Go to a site called "Plugs 'n Pixels." They have quite a bit of contact with the various software companies, as they write articles on their products. They may have a clue as to what has happened to the Fo2pix Company.

Steve C.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2007, 12:58 PM

Thanks, Steve. I'm go there and see what I can learn.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2007, 08:21 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

Post Re: Buzz.Simplifier 1.0 or Buzz.Pro 2.0

Hi all,

I got an email from Alice asking about buZZ and I told her I'd post an answer here.

I last had correspondence with Giles Kingsley-Pallant, Product Manager for fo2pix back in late 2002. At that time he mailed me a buZZ.Pro 2.0 CD and serial. I posted my promos here (issue #5) and here (original publication was here). But more recent attempts to contact him about listing their other products failed.

Here's a weird thing:

Some time after receiving the original NFR from him and losing contact with him, I went to their website and saw they had a new version for OS-X (buZZ.X). I downloaded the demo, and lo and behold, there was included a text file called "Key" with a working serial! Last time I was at their site (which no longer works), I believe that file was gone.

So it's debatable whether that key file could be shared (since it was, after all, posted publicly on their site, at least for a time)...

We had an earlier discussion about this here.

Mike

Last edited by plugsnpixels; 12-10-2007 at 08:38 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plugsnpixels View Post
Hi all,

I got an email from Alice asking about buZZ and I told her I'd post an answer here.

I last had correspondence with Giles Kingsley-Pallant, Product Manager for fo2pix back in late 2002. At that time he mailed me a buZZ.Pro 2.0 CD and serial. I posted my promos here (issue #5) and here (original publication was here). But more recent attempts to contact him about listing their other products failed.

Here's a weird thing:

Some time after receiving the original NFR from him and losing contact with him, I went to their website and saw they had a new version for OS-X (buZZ.X). I downloaded the demo, and lo and behold, there was included a text file called "Key" with a working serial! Last time I was at their site (which no longer works), I believe that file was gone.

So it's debatable whether that key file could be shared (since it was, after all, posted publicly on their site, at least for a time)...

We had an earlier discussion about this here.

Mike
Thanks for the followup and info, Mike... Sure appreciate it.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software