RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

Pixel Creator Pro or Album DS Pro

Old 12-18-2007, 08:58 PM

Exclamation Pixel Creator Pro or Album DS Pro

Hello

I am new here and I admit I have been lurking because I have not had much to say yet. I am just starting out with photoshop again after a many year hiatus.

I have a question about album software. I know there are two programs out that are compatible with the Adobe version I have ; CS2. One is Pixel Creator Pro and the other is Album DS Pro My Designer Studio Edition. They're both way more expensive than I want them to be so I don't want to make the investment if one is better than the other or if neither is worth it. Does anyone know anything about either? I really would appreciate some light being shed for me if possible. Thanks in Advance!

-J
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2007, 02:38 AM

Re: Pixel Creator Pro or Album DS Pro

I think this is the best album support software you can find and it's free.

http://jalbum.net/
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2007, 08:52 AM

Oh thank you for answering me! I am going to check this out. It isn't like the MYPUBLISHER/BLURB.com album layout software is it? I know thsoe only allow you to certain things within their support system. I am working on wedding layouts so I am looking for a software that has layouts and graphics that might make the creation faster than just doing them "by hand" in Adobe.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2007, 10:27 AM

Sorry - I think I misunderstood what you wanted to do. J-Album is for creating photo albums for the web. I sounds like you want to create printed albums for your clients.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-23-2009, 11:56 AM

I like pixel creator pro however their support is deplorable, I have been trying to get some answers about their upgrade by phone 3 times E mail 4 of them. and still no response. I believe I will switch and not recommend it. I have tried Album DS, but it's a bit pricy. Any other suggestion from any one?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2009, 08:35 PM

I just purchased pixel creator pro at the Imaging USA in Phoenix earlier this month. Conference special was $249 and I though very reasonable. I'm very happy with it. I know they had some problems with their ISP earlier this month as I emailed three times with some questions and didn't get an answer. (e-mails were bounced back to me) I called them and left a message. They called me back within minutes and answered all my questions. Kevin was very appologetic and said if the problems with e-mails weren't resolved in a few days they were going to change ISP's.

There is a learning curve with PCP of course but the tutorials are quite good. I haven't used Album DS and can't comment on it.

mdennis
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software