Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

My photo enhancement software

Old 01-23-2008, 11:49 AM
My photo enhancement software

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, and thought I would tell you about myself. My name's Chris, and I own a photo enhancement software called Imagic Photo.

It is a software for enhancing your images like the fashion and glamour magazines do, as well as giving them an artistic touch, such as sepia, black & white, color filters, or that ever popular 'film noir' look.

Development of this software began after running my website as a photo restoration business. I decided to make a software that uses the most important tools of photoshop for color correction, along with a fancy thing I call 'Virtual Lighting', which gives it a studio lighting, fashion magazine look, and put the tools in a handy sidebar.

Try it out if you like, and I welcome any comments about it.

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Re: My photo enhancement software

Welcome aboard, Chris. I know folks around here appreciate software developers that check in and tell us about their photo retouching products and support them here.

Looks like it would be a good tool for photographers.

You might consider putting compatibility somewhere in the info. I had to go all the way to the purchase page to find it was for Windows only.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2008, 12:35 AM

welcome to RP, chris.

along with swampy's observation on the compatibility, one thing i always look for when a trial/demo offering is made is, what are the limitations of said trial/demo. always nice to see that up front somewhere.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2008, 09:05 AM

Thank you for your replies! I appreciate your advice. Yes Imagic Photo is only for windows, and am hoping if it becomes successful to be able to make it available for mac users. I originally ran a photo restoration website. My tools were Photoshop 5 on MacOS 8.6, so I am an original mac fan!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2008, 04:09 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Thumbs up Re: My photo enhancement software

Christofur, please contact me about listing your software on my site.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2008, 08:45 PM

Software looks good fun but I would like to have been able to save the image. That way I could take it back into photoshop and see if I could use the base image for artistic treatments. Watermarks or a time limit could be the answer. Even if it was watermarked I would still be able to see if I could get the sort of effects I want before I purchased the software. Without this function I would only be guessing.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2008, 02:50 PM

Thanks, Sanda, in fact I have a separate version with an image stamp that you can save with, and have been tossing the idea back and forth whether to go with the 'no save' version or the 'image stamp' version. That is a very good point you gave, Sanda, and wonder if anybody else could give me some input on that as well. Thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-15-2008, 01:23 AM

Hello Christofur,

I have seen your product in my searches for products that are comparible or complimentary to ours. Congrats on your growing popularity!

We have launched the beta release of our depth and realism enhancement software and you might appreciate our method.

Hope you like it!

Best regards,

Our process quickly synthesizes additional views of the image and then uses the disparity information to generate the depth cues. The effect can be very powerful. We will be distributing our DVnVideo/Film version, likely by a different licensing business model.

For our still image version you can grab a copy and use it all you want. There is a watermark over the output, until you create an account. We give you $10 free processing saves up front, so that you can try using the output in many ways before spending your own money.

First, download the free DvnPhoto application and try out its fully functional features with your images. Second, create a safe and secure online account. We don't ever see your financial information, because all money transactions are processed through your PayPal account. Then after you have used up your initial $10 of free saves, any time you are satisfied with the processing results and save the output image, the program will debit the small fee of $.25 from your account.

There are no huge up front costs to simply try the program and you only pay for what is valuable to you.

To register for the free download, we only require a valid e-mail address.

You have to Register or Login to download.

Frequently Asked Questions

What file formats does DVn support ?
DarbeeVision is a PC/Windows based software program that supports all of the most widely used image formats. If you have a format that is not supported, let us know and we will try to include it in the next version.

How does it work ?
DVn restores natural depth cues and details in an image, without creating unwanted enhancement of noise or objectionable artifacts. We use an advanced and patented form of image stacking technology, combined with a proprietary saliency mask. It works on those areas that you are normally interested in looking at. Beyond that, we have to maintain our secrecy.

What percentage of photographs can DVn improve ?
Most digital images today will appear more realistic with depth and detail enhancement. Virtually all digital images will look their best enhanced with DVn.

Why should I use DVn ?
DVn does two unique things to make good images better. First, it embeds "brain friendly" depth cues in the image. Object will appear fuller and textures will appear more realistic. Second, it selectively applies the enhancement to areas of the image that you would normally want to enhance. Making your image look great is the primary goal, however you also get the added benefit of a very very quick processing time. Check out our gallery images. DVnPhoto enhancements result in an image that is actually feels better to look at.

How fast does DVn process ?
Depending on the speed of your computer's processor, DVn will process your images at a rate of 1-2Mb/sec.

If you have other questions or need help with DvnPhoto, please send e-mail to
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software