RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Software
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Software Photoshop, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, Painter, etc., and all their various plugins. Of course, you can also discuss all other programs, as well.

No Sound!!!

Old 02-01-2008, 11:05 PM

No Sound!!!

Hi my computer has no sound coming out. . . I've read a lot of threads in this website and did most of the things except conducting a full-system virus scan. . . my analysis is that it is a virus because it doesn't appear to be a hardware problem since i tried reinstalling new drivers and they dont seem to help and, of course, my speakers work fine. Has anyone have had the same problem as me and been able to solve it?

PS. Please also recommend an Antivirus program that can cure this specific problem. . . THANX!!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2008, 04:25 AM

Re: No Sound!!!

When my speakers fail to work it's usually one of two things...

The dog has gotten under my desk and jiggled the cables loose at either end of the speaker chain. OR... since my SO's watching t.v. directly behind me, when I want to watch a video I usually turn the sound down at the speakers and put on the earphones THEN forget to turn them back up.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2008, 02:43 PM

Re: No Sound!!!

The symptoms you're describing do not particularly sound like those of an infection, are you suffering any other problems?

Which version of Windows are you using?

Presuming it's XP, here's a few things to try.

First, have you tried all of the following.
  • Are your speakers connected. Yes I am serious, check your connections are good.
  • Have you tried your speakers with another machine to make sure they're operating OK.
  • Is there a volume control (other than the software controls) on your computer, if so have you tried adjusting it.

Please check them all, even if you have already done so, dodgy cabling is by far the most common source of sound problems.

When you've checked all the above and if your problem is not resolved, try adjusting the software controls.
  • Go to Control Panel > Sounds Speech and Audio devices > Adjust the System Volume
    • Click the Volume tab.
      • Set Device volume to high.
      • Click the Speaker volume tab and set both left and right channels to high.
    • Click the Audio tab.
      • Under Sound Playback
        • Click the Volume button then adjust controls as you wish (I usually set all except line in to full).
        • Click the Advanced button
          • Click the Speakers tab and check that Speaker set up is set to the speaker configuration you're using.
          • Click the Performance tab and check both controls are set to Full and Best.
    • Click the Voice tab.
      • Under Voice Playback
        • Click the Volume button then adjust controls as you wish (I usually set all except line in to full).
        • Click the Advanced button
          • Click the Speakers tab and check that Speaker set up is set to the speaker configuration you're using.
          • Click the Performance tab and check both controls are set to Full and Best.
    • Click the Hardware tab
      • Click the Properties button.
        • Click Properties tab and ensure CD/DVD volume is set to high and the device playback is enabled.
      • Check all the devices are operating properly and Troubleshoot them as required.

Last edited by Gary Richardson; 02-02-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Software